Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are the epitome of procrastination (Read 43 times)

GinnyinPA

It never ceases to amaze me how I go from having all the time in the world, to running late as hell...

Every. Damn. Day.

When we're heading out on a long road trip or backpacking adventure, DH usually want to starts prepping months in advance.  I always say, "We have plenty of time."  Until, suddenly, we're three days out and I realize I still haven't started packing.  Our last couple of days are always insane and have included all nighters packing up a house to move before heading for the trail and getting locked into a storage facility because when they say they close at 7:00, they mean it.  For road trips I just figure that if I've forgotten something I can always pick it up on the way, but that's not as easy on a long backpacking trip.

DavePNW

8 miles with 4x1200. Did this last week with major suckitude; today I was very happy with the results: 6:48, 6:39, 6:27, 6:31. This was despite the fact that my lungs were not doing so well this morning. There was a lot of heavy breathing going on (and not in a good way); thought that was going to shut me down the last couple reps, but made it through.

Anyway, looking forward to RD tomorrow. Have a good day y'all.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Today is interval day. 5x1000 at 5k pace. I'm not sure how many miles that will be, maybbe 5 or 6?

See ya.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I was going to post something this morning but then I waited a while....

Crazy Texas weather we're having this year.  Usually we've had a couple of 'freezes' by now; not this year.   Chilly mornings in the upper 30s and low 40s and then by my 4 pm run time it's in the 60s.  Today after work for my run/walk it will be 73 degrees, nice.   Probably will do a short n easy run/walk around Fort Sam Houston.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think everyone is having crazy weather right now. At least no one is discussing how much snow or how far below zero it is. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was going to post something this morning but then I waited a while....

Crazy Texas weather we're having this year.  Usually we've had a couple of 'freezes' by now; not this year.   Chilly mornings in the upper 30s and low 40s and then by my 4 pm run time it's in the 60s.  Today after work for my run/walk it will be 73 degrees, nice.   Probably will do a short n easy run/walk around Fort Sam Houston.

Please join us in the IT IS STILL FUCKING SUMMER with Miami.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Took the afternoon off to do my allergy shot but never got to leave work for it I was so busy.  Very atypical this time of year.

Damaris

Cyberic

8 miles with 4x1200. Did this last week with major suckitude; today I was very happy with the results: 6:48, 6:39, 6:27, 6:31. 

And you were saying about my paces last week...

Ran 6 easy. With yesterday off and today's easy run instead of intervals, my leg is feeling its no-pain-but-fragile self again

Baboon

delicate flower

8 miles with 4x1200. 

Excellent run, DaveP!

I ran.  I opted for the treadmill.  10 minute warm up, 5 x 5:00 at 6:20 target pace with 3:00 recoveries, cool down as needed.  My actual interval paces were 6:18, 6:16, 6:13, 6:07, 6:03.  7 miles total at 7:03 avg.  Solid effort  That was a tough one.

<3

Cyberic

My actual interval paces were 6:18, 6:16, 6:13, 6:07, 6:03.  

Solid!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got in 4.1 miles this afternoon with Dorian, hoping I can get in another 3 on the trails with the dogs tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Dave

onemile

I did basically the same workout as Baboon but much slower.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles.  My solo miles on the TM because it was still hot and we were coughing up like crazy.  There must be some smoke around here.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Nothing. I used DS being home from school as an excuse, even though he was feeling better and I really could have sneaked out for at least a couple of miles. No such excuse available for tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.