Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 37 times)

sdWhiskers

5K in a steady rain. Which I won’t complain about in the summer other than I need to cut my hair because my ponytail looks like a rats nest. Time was 21:11 or so, a 20 second PR. 1st female OA and 3rd or 4th OA  Swag was a $25 gift card to a local restaurant and a $50 Visa card. I’ll take it.

Awesome job!!

I've found that braiding my ponytail on rainy or super humid days prevents the post run rat's nest. But I usually forget and have to fight the mess 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Jay, nice race! So no pie?

Shortii & Whiskers, I find a French braid is more comfortable than a braided ponytail. My hair is pretty long and a braided ponytail flops around too much and also pulls too much. I stopped doing a ponytail in summer, the amount of conditioner I needed to get out all the knots was ridiculous.

sdWhiskers

Yup. Single.

My trail RB is a single guy and 20 years older. DH likes that I'm not running alone. But I wouldn't hang out alone at RB's place because I don't want any awkwardness.

sdWhiskers

Morning. Heading to Missoula and hoping my lungs work better there. Apparently, 5500ft altitude is noticeable to my fucked up lungs. Missoula is lower, thankfully.

3 miles there if I have time.

Good luck tomorrow!!

sdWhiskers

9 mile long run. I drove 15-20 mins to run around a Bay for a change in scenery. Run went ok, a bit on the humid side but clouds were nice. Then crappy traffic on the way home erased any runners high, grrr

delicate flower

Hi. 101 mile bike ride and 3 mile brick run DONE. Not sure which was harder.

<3

onemile

8 miles with 5 at tempo. (at the indoor track because straight tempos suck enough on their own without the 70DP)

Cyberic

My trail RB is a single guy and 20 years older. DH likes that I'm not running alone. But I wouldn't hang out alone at RB's place because I don't want any awkwardness.

I know, I know. Not a good idea 

What MY train of thought was, and I did not argue with the woman, but with you strangers, I will share Smile

1- I did tell my RB the week before that it felt weird to have a woman as a RB,  because there's a constant struggle in my head between being nice, yet not look like I'm trying to come on to her,  because I'm looking for a RP, and nothing else.

That was an ackward moment, I felt clumsy, as if I was sending a message for her to back off, although she had done nothing to suggest that she was (interested). So there is that, and

2- I was single for a long time. Most of my twenties. And I was the champion at  being women's friends, even when I would ha e liked to be more. So unless I've been drinking pretty much, I don't expect women to want anything more with me than whatever it is we're doing.

So I was pretty confident she was not going to "try" anything. And I knew I wouldn't, of course. So in my mind, it isn't a problem.

But, as I said, I did not argue. It might be another ackward moment, though, when I tell her I will not go again at her place (if she asks again, that is) when her intentions are only friendly.

And I said she was single, but I don't know that. What I know is that she lives alone. She might have a a boyfriend for all I know.

There. I opened up. On a running forum.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

There. I opened up. On a running forum.

What better place? 

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Half Crazy K 2.0

Grrrr......I ordered some Adidas Energy Boosts on Wednesday because they were the deal of the day at Holabird Sports. Got them today and they don't fit. What's odd is that the European size is 1.5 sizes higher than my Wave Riders, but both are 10.5 US. The Adidas are a 43.5, Wave Riders are a 42. Aside from all the extra space around my toes, they felt nice. So I'll be stopping by the store, which was what I was trying not to do, next week to try to exchange.

onemile

Grrrr......I ordered some Adidas Energy Boosts on Wednesday because they were the deal of the day at Holabird Sports. Got them today and they don't fit. What's odd is that the European size is 1.5 sizes higher than my Wave Riders, but both are 10.5 US. The Adidas are a 43.5, Wave Riders are a 42. Aside from all the extra space around my toes, they felt nice. So I'll be stopping by the store, which was what I was trying not to do, next week to try to exchange.

hmm, mine are the same size as my brooks ghosts

onemile

congrats on your win and PR runshorti!

Half Crazy K 2.0

hmm, mine are the same size as my brooks ghosts

I've never looked at the Euro size on my Ghosts, but the 10.5 fits me fine. As soon as I pulled them out of the box, I thought I screwed up and ordered men's, cause they looked longer than all my other shoes. These just had way too much space at the toes.

I had ordered on-line to avoid going in the store & buying additional shoes beyond the deal of the day. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I did a little research. The Euro size & US size is different across shoe brands. I pretty much wear Mizuno Wave Riders and get a 10.5. I've worn a few varieties of Brooks (Ghost, Ravena and Revel). The 10.5 fits, but feels slightly larger, but not enough to size down. I haven't worn Adidas in 10+ years.

Here's the sizing chart, you can see how the sizing varies if you look at the Euro size compared to US size.

Mizuno chart

Adidas chart

Brooks chart

KCRuns

Congrats, Runshortii! That is awesome!

7.6 miles this morning at the indoor track due to thunderstorms. I hate the indoor track, you have to go around 12x to get a mile and my knees get achy from all the turns.