Beginners and Beyond

WensDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Yo.

My eyeball popped open at 2:05 this morning and remained that way until well after 5:00. I managed to get in 30 minutes or so worth of sleep a couple of times before finally getting up at 7:30 but for sure, my ass will be dragging all damn day today.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Sleep has been a fickle thing at my house this week as well.

I ran 4.6 slow miles this morning.  It's all good.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!

I hate when that happens, LRB.  Sleep well tonight.

PR, glad to see you still at it.

I have 8 with strides tonight.

Damaris

From the Internet.

RED ALERT! There is a bargain bin sale over at good ol' R-Dubs! The FB15D discount works on top of it too. Got a pair of Wave Riders and a Oiselle tank for $55.

7 with 2 dress rehearsal today. Allergies are creeping in and my HR was too high and now I'm mildly terrified. I hit my pace just fine, but I can't run a whole marathon at 170 bpm.

delicate flower

'Morning!  My May swim onslaught continued this morning.  2800 yards done and I was tired.  8 swims that last 10 days.  It's still cool that my avg "tired pace" for 2800 yards is faster than what my one lap all out sprint pace was a year ago.  Aaaanyway, tempo run tonight.

<3

RED ALERT! There is a bargain bin sale over at good ol' R-Dubs! The FB15D discount works on top of it too. Got a pair of Wave Riders and a Oiselle tank for $55.

7 with 2 dress rehearsal today. Allergies are creeping in and my HR was too high and now I'm mildly terrified. I hit my pace just fine, but I can't run a whole marathon at 170 bpm.

You appear to be at the appropriate level of terrified. You're ready.

12 miles.

Dave

I hate when that happens, LRB.  Sleep well tonight at work today. 

FYP

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lauren, thanks for the alert. Wave Riders purchased. Couldn't pass on $43 for shoes.

LRB

FYP

lol

For as wide awake as I was for those three hours, I felt as if a sleeping bag filled with sand fell out of the sky and landed on me for most of the morning at work!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lauren, thanks for the alert. Wave Riders purchased. Couldn't pass on $43 for shoes.

I went and bought more shoes.  You know, like I need any...or 3.

Damaris

LRB

I went and bought more shoes.  You know, like I need any...or 3.

Nothing for me. Most of those shoes are color schemes or models I wasn't particularly fond of.

The current, soon to be replaced version of my daily trainer has been on clearance for weeks, proof enough that it was a crap model.

Looks like nothing for me there.

I did just buy a new pair of Ghost 9s through my coworker's friend's employee discount, which I wish I would've known about a long time ago. Employees can give "friends & family" discounts, your Brooks.com account just gets set up to automatically give the discounted price. Mostly a benefit for current (non-sale) models, because the discount is 40% off original list price. The Ghost 9, regularly $120, is currently on sale for $90. I got them for $72 (40% off the $120). If/when at some point they become discounted to $70, there's no additional discount. Still, I saved some money, and needed the shoes anyway because I'm up to about 400 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nothing for me. Most of those shoes are color schemes or models I wasn't particularly fond of.

The current, soon to be replaced version of my daily trainer has been on clearance for weeks, proof enough that it was a crap model.

I didn't buy the ones from sale, though!  Which makes it worse.  Thanks, Lauren!

Damaris

onemile

Looks like nothing for me there.

I did just buy a new pair of Ghost 9s through my coworker's friend's employee discount, which I wish I would've known about a long time ago. Employees can give "friends & family" discounts, your Brooks.com account just gets set up to automatically give the discounted price. Mostly a benefit for current (non-sale) models, because the discount is 40% off original list price. The Ghost 9, regularly $120, is currently on sale for $90. I got them for $72 (40% off the $120). If/when at some point they become discounted to $70, there's no additional discount. Still, I saved some money, and needed the shoes anyway because I'm up to about 400 miles.

Nice. I wish I had friends.

Cyberic

Ran to work

My race (I'm the organizer) went well: 16 runners - we've crowned new title holders both in the men and the women categories

Will run back home