Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies # 205 (Read 25 times)

LRB

The Seattle Kraken!!

It's quite possibly the best team name in sport. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Baboon

delicate flower

It's quite possibly the best team name in sport. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

I don't know....better than "Washington Football Team"???

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

In other sporty news, the city of Hartford, CT is making a hard push to host the Toronto Blue Jays this season since they are without a home.  The stadium here is new and beautiful, and is home to a AA team.  It only seats 6,000 but fans aren't allowed anyway.  I am on board with this.

<3

sdWhiskers

In other sporty news, the city of Hartford, CT is making a hard push to host the Toronto Blue Jays this season since they are without a home.  The stadium here is new and beautiful, and is home to a AA team.  It only seats 6,000 but fans aren't allowed anyway.  I am on board with this.

I was in CT 2004-2010 and I don't remember a team in Hartford, except the Rock Cats nearby. We'd also go to Bridgeport for games. New Haven even had a team for a little while.

Also thanks for the reminder that baseball starts today!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baltimore is also trying to host them. Maybe this would give us a less sucky baseball team, even if they are guests.

DavePNW

I was in CT 2004-2010 and I don't remember a team in Hartford, except the Rock Cats nearby. We'd also go to Bridgeport for games. New Haven even had a team for a little while.

The Rock Cats moved from New Britain to Hartford in 2016, and became...the Yard Goats. I swear I am not making this up.

Dave

DavePNW

The Seattle Kraken!!

The logo:

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

WCRunner, just saw that Anne Arundel County is limiting outdoor gatherings to 50 people or less. The way the news stopry is worded I can't tell where adult sports fall into this, although I'm not sure how many people run Endless Summer, so maybe it's within the limit?

It draws 100-120 and I don't think that includes teams.  I'll be watching for updates on their FB page.  Odd that I never did get an email about the new date.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                        06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Fortunately we've got RA!

For realz. Like most of you, I have my running data on three different platforms, which is more data security than I have in any other part of my life. I don’t care if the GC database gets blown up, but the inability to wirelessly transfer watch data will be a big PITA as long as this lasts.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

It only opened in 2017.  It was named minor league park of the year in 2017 and 2018.  It's home to the Colorado Rockies AA affiliate.  This is the old Rock Cats team.  They used to be a Minnesota Twins affiliate, but the Twins dropped them.  The Rockies picked them up and the team moved from New Britain to Hartford.  The team in New Britain is now the Bees in a college summer league.  I went to a lot of games as a kid when it was the New Britain Red Sox.  I saw a lot of future stars there (Mo Vaughn, Jeff Bagwell, Ellis Burks, etc).

<3

Cyberic

Well if it is ransomware, I've decided that I was not going to wait for the servers to get back online, after all. Got the .fit file out of my watch and uploaded to Strava and RA, "a la Baboon"

Baboon

delicate flower

The Rock Cats moved from New Britain to Hartford in 2016, and became...the Yard Goats. I swear I am not making this up.

Folks here love the Yard Goats name and logo!  Granted, it didn't quite take at first.  Big grin

<3

onemile

Well if it is ransomware, I've decided that I was not going to wait for the servers to get back online, after all. Got the .fit file out of my watch and uploaded to Strava and RA, "a la Baboon"

+1

DavePNW

Ugh. How long do I hold out?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was wondering if the Fit file saves anyway if the system is down.

Damaris