Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies # 205 (Read 25 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

There are some weird names for minor league teams.

sdWhiskers

The Rock Cats moved from New Britain to Hartford in 2016, and became...the Yard Goats. I swear I am not making this up.

Weird. I remember the New Britain stadium was pretty nice (especially compared to Yale Field which is where the New Haven team played).

Is a yard goat different than a normal goat 

Cyberic

I was wondering if the Fit file saves anyway if the system is down.

It saves in your watch. Always. On my watch, when I plug it in Windows, a drive "appears" with the name "Garmin Fenix 3 HR". I go in that "drive" and the .fit files are under \GARMIN\ACTIVITY . Just sort by date and your runs will be easy enough to find.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It saves in your watch. Always. On my watch, when I plug it in Windows, a drive "appears" with the name "Garmin Fenix 3 HR". I go in that "drive" and the .fit files are under \GARMIN\ACTIVITY . Just sort by date and your runs will be easy enough to find.

On mine it does not because it does not use the Garmin Express. I have the 645, though. No idea how it goes up to GC otherwise.

Fortunately, I don't use the Garmin on the TM (just the TomTom) so I should be OK for the 300 days this will take. LOL.

Damaris

DavePNW

Well if it is ransomware, I've decided that I was not going to wait for the servers to get back online, after all. Got the .fit file out of my watch and uploaded to Strava and RA, "a la Baboon"

I see the interwebz is referencing a “multi-day maintenance window”, so I might as well get Kraken on the manual upload.

Dave

DavePNW

On mine it does not because it does not use the Garmin Express. I have the 645, though. No idea how it goes up to GC otherwise.

It has to have a file in there somewhere.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Baltimore is also trying to host them. Maybe this would give us a less sucky baseball team, even if they are guests.

This for Detroit as well!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It has to have a file in there somewhere.

That's what I'm thinking although it does not look like my computer saves any Garmin files nor does it make any recognition that it uploads. Probably because I don't upload from the computer but from the phone.

Mine does it via Bluetooth so no computer involved.

Damaris

DavePNW

So do I bother to upload to Strava too? So many decisions!

Dave

onemile

I did.

sdWhiskers

I just did both. Thanks to Cyber for the instructions!

DavePNW

That's what I'm thinking although it does not look like my computer saves any Garmin files nor does it make any recognition that it uploads. Probably because I don't upload from the computer but from the phone.

Mine does it via Bluetooth so no computer involved.

Yeah I think if you did plug into the computer via USB, you’d see something like Cyber describes. When you transfer via Bluetooth the file just goes to the GC server (and RA server and Strava server) and you never see it.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Is a yard goat different than a normal goat 

A yard goat is actually a kind of tractor used to move train cars around rail yards, as Hartford has a bunch of rail yards in the city.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

If you want to keep your LOCAL LEGENDS statuses you do.

<3

DavePNW

I did.

Yeah I guess once it’s plugged in, it’s NBD to upload it to two separate places. And I don’t want my Strava-only friends to think my streak is broken, right??

Dave