Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies # 205 (Read 25 times)

DavePNW

If you want to keep your LOCAL LEGENDS statuses you do.

LOLOL

Dave

onemile

Yeah I guess once it’s plugged in, it’s NBD to upload it to two separate places. And I don’t want my Strava-only friends to think my streak is broken, right??

I mostly did it because my RP relies on me to tag him on Strava (he reminds me after every run)

Cyberic

On mine it does not because it does not use the Garmin Express. I have the 645, though. No idea how it goes up to GC otherwise.

Fortunately, I don't use the Garmin on the TM (just the TomTom) so I should be OK for the 300 days this will take. LOL.

That is not relevant. The file is on your watch somewhere. It has to be. It is. I do not use Garmin Express either. It would be useless anyways, since all Garmin services are down.

onemile

so I was wondering if I should send a message to RRP's gf and tell her that I have no interest in stealing her man. I just want help getting thru hard training and she is welcome to join us on a bike.

? I doubt it will help though...

sdWhiskers

Interestingly, yesterday afternoon Strava let me know that someone had stolen this from me. Do I run there every day for the next week to stay on top??

onemile

lol

onemile

Interestingly, yesterday afternoon Strava let me know that someone had stolen this from me. Do I run there every day for the next week to stay on top??

TWICE a day!

Cyberic

so I was wondering if I should send a message to RRP's gf and tell her that I have no interest in stealing her man. I just want help getting thru hard training and she is welcome to join us on a bike.

Get drunk together. You'll be best buddies afterwards.

Baboon

delicate flower

That is not relevant. The file is on your watch somewhere. It has to be. It is. I do not use Garmin Express either. It would be useless anyways, since all Garmin services are down.

+1.  Your watch is a computer and saves the files on it.  Connect your device with the cable and look at the folders on it.

<3

sdWhiskers

You could, it probably wouldn't hurt.

But this is really a problem between RRP and gf, doesn't really have anything to do with you specifically.

onemile

You could, it probably wouldn't hurt.

But this is really a problem between RRP and gf, doesn't really have anything to do with you specifically.

yeah I know that. It just sucks to only be able to run with him when URP can run because he is the UNRELIABLE RP after all

DavePNW

Sigh. The deed is done. At least my run officially happened now. And I also now see I've gone over 200 for the month.

Dave

Cyberic

I would suggest you change your passwords on all accounts that were (are) linked to your Garmin account (RA, Strava, Stryd, others) as the magic we like so much means that Garmin has our passwords. We gave them willingly.

LRB

Fortunately we've got RA!

It's the only log I ever cared about, the only reason I have a log and the only log that's accurate.

DavePNW

I would suggest you change your passwords on all accounts that were (are) linked to your Garmin account (RA, Strava, Stryd, others) as the magic we like so much means that Garmin has our passwords. We gave them willingly.

Is this true? If so, don't you need to change your password on any account that has the same password as RA or Strava? Because I don't care too much if someone gets into my RA or Strava account - what kind of damage could they do? But there may be accounts using the same passwords that I do care about.

Dave