Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

He qualified by winning the Hartford Marathon in 2:15, and is a civil engineer who runs 110-120mpw. Regular guy.

Jonas Hampton!  I'll be cheering for him!  He was the first Connecticut resident to win the Hartford Marathon since like 1860 or something.  That 2:15 was his marathon debut.

<3

DavePNW

Jonas Hampton!  I'll be cheering for him!  He was the first Connecticut resident to win the Hartford Marathon since like 1860 or something.  That 2:15 was his marathon debut.

Maybe you saw him there, he only finished 8 miles ahead of you.

Dave

Cyberic

He did a C25K (couch to 5 k) program 2 years before that and really enjoyed it. Regular guy.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy miles. It's so nice that it is now light until almost 6pm, which means I can get most of my run done in daylight.

DavePNW

5 easy miles. It's so nice that it is now light until almost 6pm, which means I can get most of my run done in daylight.

My morning runs still start in pitch black, but now finish with dawn almost breaking. Yay.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

My morning runs still start in pitch black, but now finish with dawn almost breaking. Yay.

That's the only downside--I leave for work right as the sun is coming up. And I have to travel east. The news stations barely bother to mention the daily sun back-ups on the beltway, it's just a given.

LRB

Awesome! Until the time change on March 13, when we'll plunge back into darkness until April.

That would be thanks to congress, who completely screwed it up for everybody by changing the dates that we spring forward and fall back in 2007 (well, the bill was approved in 2005, and went effect on 2007).

LRB

Some of you may remember me bitching about this from years prior because it pisses me off.

Cyberic

It doesn't piss me off, but I think the prior dates were better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7 done.  I kind of got tired of stopping every 2-3 miles to cough a lung.  Sigh.  Not a bad run, just too much coughing (it happens while not running as well, so).

Damaris

workinprogress11

5 on the treadmill.

onemile

I ran 10 with 4x2k, starting at half marathon pace, working down toward 10k pace.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

7 mile tempo run done. Pfitz knows how to bring it! If I can keep up I think I will like this plan.

LRB

7 done.  I kind of got tired of stopping every 2-3 miles to cough a lung.  Sigh.  Not a bad run, just too much coughing (it happens while not running as well, so).

Are you going to be able to run your marathon this month?

LRB

5 on the treadmill.

Hopefully it wasn't due to conditions, because that would mean it's coming my way!