Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

I ran 10 with 4x2k, starting at half marathon pace, working down toward 10k pace.

Have you recovered from Indy yet? Or is the jury still out?

LRB

7 mile tempo run done. Pfitz knows how to bring it! If I can keep up I think I will like this plan.

It's always nice when you have a good workout and hit your paces, but when you don't, it's the end of the world. lol

LRB

As for me, despite my sincerest efforts to avoid it, I got sick anyway.

There were just too many people walking around this crap to not get it, I guess. Right now, I just have the involuntary nose drip, where you have no idea it's coming until it rolls out! I am hoping to eat my way back to health, so it's been a steady dose of spinach, asparagus, barley soup and oranges today. Tomorrow will be more of the same, as I prefer letting it run its course, than to prolong it by taking over the counter meds. We shall see how that works out for me, blah.

onemile

Have you recovered from Indy yet? Or is the jury still out?

Um...yeah. Indy was 3 months ago. I would say I felt pretty good by the end of Dec, if not a little out of shape but definitely recovered.

This seems like an odd question.   But maybe because I had such a hard time after Boston. But I felt completely different and not normal then and I am convinced it was due to my low iron stores.

LRB

Um...yeah. Indy was 3 months ago. I would say I felt pretty good by the end of Dec, if not a little out of shape but definitely recovered.

This seems like an odd question.   But maybe because I had such a hard time after Boston. But I felt completely different and not normal then and I am convinced it was due to my low iron stores.

I struggled well into the spring last year after running Detroit but of course, I'm not you.

onemile

I struggled well into the spring last year after running Detroit but of course, I'm not you.

Well I am typically slow to recover but usually by 6 weeks I feel normal at least. That wasn't the case last spring. I felt exhausted and couldn't recover from my runs and all my paces were like 20 seconds slow.  Even trying to do 1-2 minute intervals I could hardly run under a 7 minute pace.  I felt like something was wrong with me.

But this time went much better! I feel good and normal now and have for at least 6 weeks. And I am still taking my iron pills.

LRB

Well I am typically slow to recover but usually by 6 weeks I feel normal at least. That wasn't the case last spring. I felt exhausted and couldn't recover from my runs and all my paces were like 20 seconds slow.  Even trying to do 1-2 minute intervals I could hardly run under a 7 minute pace.  I felt like something was wrong with me.

But this time went much better! I feel good and normal now and have for at least 6 weeks. And I am still taking my iron pills.

That's good to hear. It can be extremely frustrating (and disheartening FFS) when you're unable to hit your usual training paces.

workinprogress11

Hopefully it wasn't due to conditions, because that would mean it's coming my way!

Nope, just the dark. I didn't have time until after dark and you know I fall in the dark.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are you going to be able to run your marathon this month?

The one at the end of the month, yes.  The one next week, not sure.  Might just switch to the HM and run it with hubby.  I can run but I won't be able to run as fast as I want to.  We'll see.  Every day my cough gets better.  But whoever gave me this shit is going to die!

The run today went well. I was just bitching because I had to stop to cough.

Damaris