Beginners and Beyond

Summer Preview ThursDailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

5½ miles for me today in weather that's noticeably warmer and more humid than recent days and the trend is forecast to continue in that direction through at least Monday.  I've noticed I run much more easily when the temperature is 50º or lower and once it hits 60º I feel it slowing me down.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 7 with 10K 1/2 mile intervals later.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. The Weather Channel lied! I was checking the radar before I left, it said 10% chance of rain, didn't show anything over my house, but it was raining. There was a light mist the whole time, which kept it tolerable.

delicate flower

Monkey see, monkey be it do!!  I ran an easy 10K on the track this morning and was surprisingly not too tired from yesterday's workouts.  I have a hard bike workout to do tonight and I am not looking forward to that at all.

20th anniversary for me and DW today, and we have done the obligatory greeting card exchange, thus completing the anniversary celebration.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Monkey see, monkey be it do!!  I ran an easy 10K on the track this morning and was surprisingly not too tired from yesterday's workouts.  I have a hard bike workout to do tonight and I am not looking forward to that at all.

20th anniversary for me and DW today, and we have done the obligatory greeting card exchange, thus completing the anniversary celebration.

Happy Anniversary!

Damaris

4 dirt bumps followed by 40mins pool mix....which is likely a summer preview for me.

COVID restrictions ending this week at the county pools, so running followed by pool mix will likely be semi-regular thing for me.... there by my start points at Accotink, and pool near Burke Lake.

KCRuns

Happy Anniversary, Baboon!  That's a big milestone!

I ran 4.5 on the treadmill.

sdWhiskers

10 miles with 6 x 1k at HMP / 3 min recovery jog. This was a slog from the first step but hit HMP for all intervals. Temp around 60 as usual. Didn't feel too humid but I was soaked halfway through.

sdWhiskers

Congrats!

We have never exchanged cards or presents, oops

Did she give you something platinum as is traditional?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Anniversary Baboon!  I bet you could bling out your bikes with something platinum? Maybe a seatpost or something?

Cyberic

10 in the rain. Nature needed it.

delicate flower

Our gift to each other is a new roof for the house, which is being installed next Tuesday and Wednesday.

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

8.8 for me this morning. 60 degrees, more humid, like others here. I peed at 5:10am and didn't go again until past Noon, and it wasn't urgent,  despite drinking what seemed like endless amounts of water this morning. Summer preview no doubt!

Baboon - congrats! Like most, we don't do much beyond cards (and flowers for DW) these days. It works.

onemile

looks like the Ghost 13's are on sale now but still $110, so not a huge discount