Beginners and Beyond

spooky Sundailies (Read 36 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Birthday run complete. I did 17.8 miles today. With yesterday's I got 48km done. I turn 48 on Wed so my own little celebration. Sucks only that as you get older the distance is longer. At least I did it over two days and km instead of miles. I could not have done 48 miles.  Those that do ultras, I don't know how you do it

Marjorie

DavePNW

I am a Rams fan, though I wish I were a Pats fan today.  They are kicking the shit out of the Bears!

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to be correct in my prediction. Although i never imagined it would be this bad.

Dave

LRB

Birthday run complete. I did 17.8 miles today. With yesterday's I got 48km done. I turn 48 on Wed so my own little celebration. Sucks only that as you get older the distance is longer. At least I did it over two days and km instead of miles. I could not have done 48 miles.  Those that do ultras, I don't know how you do it

First off, Happy Birthday babe!  Second, I never got the whole need to run X amount of miles when one turns X years old thing.

I think it's more impressive to drink X amount of beers.  

B-Plus

First off, Happy Birthday babe!  Second, I never got the whole need to run X amount of miles when one turns X years old thing.

I think it's more impressive to drink X amount of beers.  

Happy bday MA! I was thinking about this just the other day and I decided if I ever do this I will only run a minute per year.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

This is only 2nd time I've done this.  I decided I wanted the challenge this week. Since last weekends run went well I thought maybe I could pull it off. And the new bike path is pretty much done. A few spots not paved but not too bad. So I didn't have to get too bored or run in circles. It takes me 7.3 miles from home so out and back with just a few side pick ups to get the whole thing. I added a mile looping in a neighborhood I've never been in before. Then decided I needed water so added over 2.5 to loop to the tennis courts to get water.

I do like the minute thing. As I get older running those miles or km will get harder!  Have to remember,ber that.

Thanks lrb. If I hadn't met the goal today I'd have been okay with it. Was more to start getting back to my longer Sunday runs.

Marjorie

LRB

Happy bday MA! I was thinking about this just the other day and I decided if I ever do this I will only run a minute per year.

That's a good one.  I was originally thinking glasses of wine but that might kill me.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Birthday in advance, Marjorie!

I fell asleep watching TV.  Sheesh. Now in search of a drink.

Damaris

B-Plus

I'm about to eat shit up 

happylily

Happy birthday in advance, Marjorie! Way to kick your 48th, great run!

Congratulations, Mel! Getting back to it, on a mental level, is what I find the most difficult. It helps to do some small races to keep the mojo going. Great job!

Congrats, B-Plus! Fast time!

14 miles, 8:29 easy pace (but somehow it didn't feel all that easy a pace today)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm about to eat shit up 

I need to but need to pace myself to get in all the calories I need today without feeling blurgh...

Marjorie

Mmmmm...beer

Did my last long run of the cycle this morning, and man did it suck.  Just had no pep.  This is the first long run I've done on really tired legs and it showed, I felt fine, just no energy.  We'll call it a depletion run. Smile  Now it's time for taper madness.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

outoftheblue

Finished dragging myself around the hilly golf course community for 17.11 miles in 3:11.  I guess 11 was my number today.   I think I ran about every possible part of the public roads, including all cud-de-sacs, and around the adjacent cemetery to rack up my total without having to repeat too many sections.   It would be easier just to repeat the main 4 mile loop until I was done, but I've made it a bit of game to see how far I can go before I have to start repeating.

Happy early birthday Marjorie!

Congrats B+ on a monster-fast race today.

Zel -- Nice 5K considering that you are in the nascent stages of marathon recovery.

Life is good.

LRB

I'm about to eat shit up 

Like.

Dave, you are gonna shut down the internet at Richmond!

Nice job getting it done Blue!  I'll keep a seat for you on the no long run wagon once you are done with this cycle.

Mine are going back to 8 to 10 miles and I could not be happier!  You can find me at fuckrunninglong.com lol

B-Plus

I had some big goals and aspirations for this afternoon, but I think I'll curl up in a ball instead and watch tv.

Mmmmm...beer

I had some big goals and aspirations for this afternoon, but I think I'll curl up in a ball instead and watch tv.

Sorry you didn't hit your goal, but you still PR'd, congrats!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!