Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Sunday (Read 40 times)

LRB

I will on monday. apparently they are only open M-F

Ah. I usually email.

Took my usual SRD. Taking some NSAIDs, hoping this ancle calms down. Maybe will be ok to run on tomorrow? We'll see.

Got in a good core workout after breakfast so at least I did something.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Runshortii

I ran 5. Legs felt kind of sluggish. It's warmer, (22 I think) but the wind sucks. Just under 42 miles for the week, highest since the marathon and first time doing 6 days a week.

Runshortii

I could barely eat them this morning. It must have been something I ate yesterday because I woke up with a premonition. I tried to eat anyway because I didn’t want to start on an empty stomach but it sure didn’t help!  And then I took a Nuun at a water station at Mile 10. That finished the stomach.

I'm sorry the race didn't go as planned  Nice job  continuing to run after puking though, I don't think I could do that.

LRB

I rode the elliptical for 70 minutes. I would've gone 90 but lost the internet on my tablet, and took that as a sign it was time to dismount. 🐎

Baboon

delicate flower

This Bills/Jags game is a good one!

<3

DavePNW

I ran 5. Legs felt kind of sluggish. It's warmer, (22 I think) but the wind sucks. Just under 42 miles for the week, highest since the marathon and first time doing 6 days a week.

If you're just bumping it up from 5 days, it's fun how much better you can build weekly mileage volume with an extra day.

10 miles, my longest in a month. Still slow.

42 for the week. Helped by 7 days.

Dave

DavePNW

This Bills/Jags game is a good one!

Maybe, but anyone thrown a TD pass to himself yet?

Dave

Runshortii

If you're just bumping it up from 5 days, it's fun how much better you can build weekly mileage volume with an extra day.

Definitely. And I don’t feel any more fatigued than I did running 40 mpw on 5 days with a 16 miler and a 8-9 miler mid week

LRB

Maybe, but anyone thrown a TD pass to himself yet?

Both offenses, are offensive.

Cyberic

Definitely. And I don’t feel any more fatigued than I did running 40 mpw on 5 days with a 16 miler and a 8-9 miler mid week

That's a great way to safely get the weekly mileage up IMO.

zzyzx

Race day puking cannot be fun. Good job finishing.

I did a 20/10 today, 20 on the elliptical, 10 on the bike.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I knew there was a reason we chose to stay away from the water this morning!   (Actually, I think that had to do with the wind.  But anyway.  How did you get pictures?!  I tried but my phone froze.  Literally.)

Yeah, I always think it will be ok running over the bridges until the wind hits.  I took these pics after I ran this morning while walking the dog.  I wish I had my phone with me while running over the Manhattan Bridge... the ice on the river was much more dramatic looking.  But the phone probably wouldn't have worked then.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Geography is not my strong point, as you can see. I asked because it looked like a big ass city. Now I know why.

LOL.  And it probably looked like a nice spring day for you. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GinnyinPA

D - you mentioned yesterday you felt a bit off color. I hope it passes quickly.

I ran a chilly 15. It was 16 degrees when I started, 21 at the end, but it felt colder because the clouds moved in. I wasn't at all sure I'd be able to do a long run because I overstretched my back doing yoga yesterday, but once I got moving, the pain went away. Now it's back, but not as bad as it was last night and this morning.