Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

blue - Great Job!  Considering those niggles.  Are you going to ease up to try to heal?

I ran to CP this morning.  Ran next to the Half runners, outside the cones for a few miles.  Looked like NYRR did a great job on this new course.  Shuffled 24.3 this morning.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

GPS went batshit so I was running blind.

1:39:16.  I'm not upset with my time since I had no particular goal anyway.  It's just discouraging that I can't do better because I hurt too much.

Congrats!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

blue - Great Job!  Considering those niggles.  Are you going to ease up to try to heal?

I ran to CP this morning.  Ran next to the Half runners, outside the cones for a few miles.  Looked like NYRR did a great job on this new course.  Shuffled 24.3 this morning.

I can take a couple of weeks after Boston, but... I really don't think it will make much of a difference.  This is just my body.  This is how it works.  (Or doesn't.)

The course is definitely harder than the old one -- but I like it better anyway.  I LOVED the Brooklyn start (apparently this is the only way I'll ever get to run any NYRR race in the borough, excluding the R-U-N 5K), and apparently I ran the Central Park hills faster than the trek from the FDR to Central Park.  Which is when my watch was at its craziest, so there is that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I can take a couple of weeks after Boston, but... I really don't think it will make much of a difference.  This is just my body.  This is how it works.  (Or doesn't.)

The course is definitely harder than the old one -- but I like it better anyway.  I LOVED the Brooklyn start (apparently this is the only way I'll ever get to run any NYRR race in the borough, excluding the R-U-N 5K), and apparently I ran the Central Park hills faster than the trek from the FDR to Central Park.  Which is when my watch was as its craziest, so there is that.

That's a million dollar timepiece, what's the dealio?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, wow, a 5k world record? Nice race, crazy watch.

bluerun

Super B****

That's a million dollar timepiece, what's the dealio?

I don’t think it was my watch... it happened to a lot of people. 🤷🏻‍♀️

chasing the impossible

GinnyinPA

Blue - you finished the race, and, given your race last week and the pain in your body, you did great. Too bad you didn't really run a 3 minute mile though. You'd be famous!

17.3 hilly miles on a beautiful sunny day. It felt really strenuous after yesterday's long tempo run, but that was the point, I think. I got it done despite stiff and tired legs.

Coastal

Bluerun:  I've got to echo other people's words as they've said it well.  You got it done and done well considering everything.

LM:  Congrats and I'm waiting on the RR .

Docket:  Damn nice workout.

Got in 7.9 out on the roads.  Woke up and it was pouring so figured it'd be a treadmill kind of day.  The weather eased up so I got outside.  Did get rained on some but nothing too much.  Over dressed but the rain helped with that.  Last run in a pair of Ghost 10's.  They get retired and the replacements are already waiting to be put in rotation.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

17.3 hilly miles on a beautiful sunny day. It felt really strenuous after yesterday's long tempo run, but that was the point, I think. I got it done despite stiff and tired legs.

Sounds like you're feeling right about where you ought to in the training cycle.  You've been doing great work, especially for a spring race.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LRB

I don’t think it was my watch... it happened to a lot of people. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Fooey.

And to be clear, your syrup pour makes mine look like water. I thought it was worth a try though. #noshame

DavePNW

LM:  Congrats and I'm waiting on the RR .

Did I miss her post? 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Fooey.

And to be clear, your syrup pour makes mine look like water. I thought it was worth a try though. #noshame

My what now??

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Did I miss her post? 

Yeah, if you’re losing your mind I am too... I don’t see it

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

My what now??

OK good, I didn't know what he was talking about either. Although I often don't.

Are we in the Matrix or something?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She has not posted here, but I saw her IG post about it. Smile

Damaris