Beginners and Beyond

Good morning, Sundailies! (Read 45 times)

Zelanie

Today's workout:

1 x 10K E

3 x 10K between E and M

2K cooldown

LRB

Hi Z. Good luck at your marathon!

LRB

Lauren's race has started, you can track her here.

Boon is also doing a run, bike race, run thingy today. BEAT IT IN THE FACE BOON!

Good morning, everyone.

Zelanie, thank you for starting today's thread. Good luck!

Good morning, Rick.

I'll do weights tonight. I haven't decided whether I'll run or use the AMT.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Another crappy 5k. More miles + half PR = steady increase in 5k time. At this point, I don't care so much about a PR, i just want to get back to running them consistently in the low 26 range. It's getting frustrating.

DavePNW

Hi Z. Good luck on your long run with a bib!

I am actually pretty excited to see how this goes.

Good luck Lauren too! And Baboon.

Getting ready to go out in a bit. Plan to head over to a place called Green Lake Park, supposedly a hobbyjogger mecca here in Seattle. A lake in the middle of the city, with a ~3 mile trail around it, supposedly gets packed with runners, walkers, bikers etc, as well as some parks & fields with a whole bunch of other activities going on. Should be pretty cool. Then later: go look at some open houses.

Dave

Zelanie

I'm here. Chilly in a couple layers, so that's promising. They are setting up the starting line.

Dave- There is a running store on the edge of Green Lake where I picked up my packet for the Oatmeal race. The lake looked like it was full of runners.

Good luck, Lauren!

outoftheblue

Today's workout:

1 x 10K E

3 x 10K between E and M

2K cooldown

Love it!  Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Life is good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

AG win = some consolation for the less than impressive time. At least it was under 27 minutes.

DavePNW

Dave- There is a running store on the edge of Green Lake where I picked up my packet for the Oatmeal race. The lake looked like it was full of runners.

Was it Super Jock & Jill's? Supposedly the best LRS around. That's where I got my new shoes the other day, they were really good.

Dave

cjones1

Lauren's race has started, you can track her here.

She nailed it.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

From the Internet.

She nailed it.

THAT. HURT. Can't wait for the next one! Race report coming later today, right now it is time to ESU!

LRB

THAT. HURT. Can't wait for the next one! Race report coming later today, right now it is time to ESU!

Damn, you raced your ass off girl! 

Hope you find it. 

Little Blue

Congrats to Lauren, Zel and Baboon on your races!

After a whirlwind crappy week, I actually strapped on my shoes.  4 miles walked with my friend, 2 run.  My hamstrings were so tight you could have played the violin with them. Not sure what that's about.

Off to cut my grass before the neighbors think we've moved away.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good morning! I should hang out here more....miss you guys!

Ran the Brooklyn Half yesterday. I was going for a PR and did not get it. No regrets though I ran a great race. Dealing with injuries from November til the beginning of April that kept my mileage low (and the 20lbs I've gained that I'm trying to lose) didn't put my chances for a PR to be very high but I went for it anyway after a really strong month of training in April. I was actually in decent shape for a PR through mile 8, just needed to pick up the pace about 10 seconds per mile for the last few miles, but instead the humidity got to me and I just didn't have the energy and ended up slowing down about 20-30 seconds per mile instead for those last few miles. But I ran the best race I could that day and am happy with my 2:25:52!!! 5 minutes slower than my PR. But had a great day! 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to