Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins get ready to shiver (Read 19 times)

Philliefan33

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Phillie!!  Shiver is right, it's freakin' cold out there!!  I have chorus rehearsal tonight, so hopefully that'll be fun.  It's been an incredibly annoying day so far, starting with Maggie ripping up our carpet (because hey, they open the bedroom door when I rip up the carpet!), people with drivers' licenses who clearly have not earned them, and the fact that I broke a nail on a library book.  SERIOUSLY???

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Yikes, HsM, maybe you got all of the bad crud out of the way early?

Not too much going on here.  Maybe 4.5 easy after work.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yikes, HsM, maybe you got all of the bad crud out of the way early?

I can only hope!!  Which makes sense, I guess, being Hope'sMom ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Philliefan33

All of us Penguins on the East Coast will be plunged into Arctic temperatures this weekend.  I'm planning not to run outside in below-zero windchills so I've rearranged my week.  Today is a rest day, tomorrow will hopefully be a LR to satisfy my needed miles for the running game.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't count myself on the East Coast so no Arctic or cold weather for us this weekend.  Stay indoors.

I have Pilates and 7 with 2 at MP tonight.

Damaris

Philliefan33

This morning I finished a quilt for DD, the analytical / biochemist.  I used a simple piecing and quilting pattern so the focus is on the fabric.  I'm sharing because I think HsM and Lauren will appreciate it.

(I'm not sure how to post a photo here, so I tried two ways -- the link to my cloud drive should work if the photo doesn't show up)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byip2YfakkVKTXpIMXFJNzVFU3M/view?usp=sharing

Singer who runs a smidge

Nice!!!

Brilliant

Philliefan and HopesMom, stay warm!

Zel and Damaris, enjoy your running later.

No shivering here; we have a heat wave!  We're having some work done on our house - I'm expecting the 2nd contractor to arrive shortly and then I'll head out for a run.  I hope he gets here soon because it's heating up already.   I expect to turn on the AC by lunch.    If it's not too hot and I feel energetic, I'll do a tempo run.  Since I'm DNSing the marathon this weekend (forecast is now 86 degrees at the finish), my taper is over!

Singer who runs a smidge

Philliefan and HopesMom, stay warm!

Zel and Damaris, enjoy your running later.

No shivering here; we have a heat wave!  We're having some work done on our house - I'm expecting the 2nd contractor to arrive shortly and then I'll head out for a run.  I hope he gets here soon because it's heating up already.   I expect to turn on the AC by lunch.    If it's not too hot and I feel energetic, I'll do a tempo run.  Since I'm DNSing the marathon this weekend (forecast is now 86 degrees at the finish), my taper is over!

It's 30 here with a "feels like" of 24.  Trade ya!! 

Philliefan33

It's 30 here with a "feels like" of 24.  Trade ya!! 

24 and feels like 9 here. I'll trade you!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!  It looks like I'm escaping the cold by going to Iceland :-) That's a bit ironic.  I'm heading out for a tour of the YMCA and I'll join today if it seems reasonable.  After the Y tour I'm running and showering and heading to my flight.  DH has TSA precheck/global entry but I don't so I slow him down.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Jill, safe travels!

From the Internet.

This morning I finished a quilt for DD, the analytical / biochemist.  I used a simple piecing and quilting pattern so the focus is on the fabric.  I'm sharing because I think HsM and Lauren will appreciate it.

(I'm not sure how to post a photo here, so I tried two ways -- the link to my cloud drive should work if the photo doesn't show up)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byip2YfakkVKTXpIMXFJNzVFU3M/view?usp=sharing

Cool! I love it!

(PS I'm alive, just barely running and gaining weight, so I'm never in the mood to talk about running anymore :P I'll be back for real someday!)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Pens!  It looks like I'm escaping the cold by going to Iceland :-) That's a bit ironic.  I'm heading out for a tour of the YMCA and I'll join today if it seems reasonable.  After the Y tour I'm running and showering and heading to my flight.  DH has TSA precheck/global entry but I don't so I slow him down.

Have fun, Jill!  Take lots of pics!