Beginners and Beyond

Just Another Manic Monday Penguins (Read 33 times)

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, 4 easy done. I was going to ask about GU since my runs are getting longer for a half. Haven't tried or needed them yet but may for the half. Maybe I'll pick some up for my next LR.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I ended up not running at all last week, because my knees were so achy.  They were just screaming this weekend, to the point where folks at church were asking why I was limping.  Then Sunday evening, I got up off the couch and noticed they didn't hurt much at all.  Still feeling good this morning, so I have no idea what's going on.  At any rate, if they're still not hurting tonight, we'll head out for a run.  Dusty needs to get some of the fidgets run out!

kristin -- LOL at your GU effects description!!  I don't think I could handle the stuff, I have texture issues.  I think I'd gag.

Phillie -- glad you're feeling great from vacation!!

Scotty -- for Elephant Appreciation Day:  What's the hardest part about elephant hunting?  Hauling around the decoys!!

Jerryb -- enjoy the weights and run!!

Docket -- have a good 8!!  Sometimes I think I have consumed cranky gels too.  Wait, what?

Bin -- hope DW is feeling better!!

traci -- hope you and your kids get some sleep tonight!!

Awood -- Hope your body gets itself together!!

Zelanie -- glad your double-shift is going bye-bye!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Morning everyone! Busy weekend - my legs were feeling beat up so I took a RD on Saturday and went apple picking with DD, one of her preschool friends and her mom. Sunday I did 0.6 miles on the treadmill followed by weights. I mathed wrong and only pulled 160 pounds for my deadlift work set (was wondering why 170 felt so light, oops!), so I did an extra set of Romanian deadlifts to finish up and my hamstrings now hate me. In a good way. Spent the rest of the day cleaning and baking/cooking - apple pie, apple muffins, homemade vanilla ice cream. I still have more apples than I know what to do with!

My crazy plan of treadmill warmups for all my other workouts seems to be going okay so far, I only ran 7.26 miles total last week BUT I ran 5 days and didn't fall apart. Did 3.33 this morning with 7x300m/100m recovery jog, felt pretty good - didn't push too hard and was consistently around 1:40-1:42, so high 8/low 9 minute mile pace. Tomorrow morning will be .5 miles on the treadmill followed by water running.

SheCan

G'morning Monday penguins!

kristin-- Sorry you didn't get to meet Di and were ill.  Maybe its a good thing I never tried these delicious GUs.  I'd probably try to eat them all!

Margo-- yay@ coming home to cool temps!

Scotty-- gmorning!  Good RRs this weekend.

Jerry-- it sounds like you could easily handle a half by November.  Good job on the 8 yesterday.

Tracilynn-- great job on the miles yesterday.  Cry@ the kids being sick.  Hope they get well soon, without making you sick also in the process.

PAD--- G'morning.  I've never needed supplements or anything other then water for my half marathon races.  Everyone is different though.

HsM-- Hope your knees are feeling better this afternoon so you and Dusty can get a run in!

Lauren-- your weekend sounds wonderful.  Wish I were closer so I could help you with those apples and with that apple pie & homemade icecream.  What lovely memories for your DD.

Gotta get a few things done this morning before I head into school.   Hope everyone has a wonderful, productive day!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Sloooow.

Morning everyone. Planning on 3 today, not sure yet. I have super knotty calves, and I can't figure out the best way to roll them.

Also, Rock n Roll New Orleans is doing $15 off today, so I'm umming and ahhing, lol. Maybe I should just hide my computer for the rest of the day.

hog4life

Here's a couple of pics from our little 30 year anniversary weekend getaway. Today is actually the day, so had to celebrate over the weekend. I di 5 last night and then 5 again this morning, so I got this week off to a good start. I'm on nights this week from 6p-6a, so it's gonna be a long week.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I like some of the GU but the flavors are hit and miss. Some of the flavors are DISGUSTING!  For long runs, I prefer Clif Shot Blocks. I don't chew them in one go, I like to let them sit in my mouth for some time. If anything they serve as a distraction and help to keep my mind sane.

PF: welcome home!

Hog: nice pics. Where did you go?

Bin: I have NOT done this effortlessly! Smile  It has been fun, but difficult. After my 18 miler, my right achilles is sore and I am starting to think that I am better suited to HMs.  We'll see, I will finish my first marathon and go from there. It could be my first and last one ever or it could be my first of many. It all depends on how my body likes it.

Ginny: Thanks for the info on the goose. That shows how much I know; it thought it was a duck!

SRD for me.

Have a good day, Pens.  Smile

GinnyinPA

Kristin - sorry you missed your FE.  Was it the sushi?

I've tried several kinds of Gels etc. and I like the taste, but they all seem to give me stomach cramps. Shot blocs not so much, but they aren't quite as tasty.   Raisins and jelly beans work as well, and are a lot cheaper.  They still give me cramps though.

Margo - I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.  Was it up at your mountain home?  Enjoy the cool run.

Scotty - I always enjoy your RRs.  Enjoy your rest day.

Jerry - why not do the half?  Though November must be a bit iffy as to weather?

Damaris - enjoy your run this evening.

Bin - family comes first, especially over a short run.  I hope your wife feels better soon.

Traci - hope you get a run (and a nap) in later.

Awood- how long is your race on Saturday?

Z - enjoy your evening run.

HopesMom - I hope your knees continue to behave.  Mine are funny.  The less I do, the more they hurt.  Walking and running hurt less than sitting.  Steep hills hurt them, but otherwise I'm better off moving.

Lauren - I'm glad your system is working for you.  Do you have a plan to increase the mileage, or are you playing it by ear?

Coralie - I hope your legs feel better this evening.  Maybe just a good firm self massage?

Mitch - looks like a good weekend.  Good luck on your night shifts.  Hope you're able to do some running this week.

AFM - rest day.  A little pain today, again.  Not when I walk, but more than I like.

SheCan

Morning everyone. Planning on 3 today, not sure yet. I have super knotty calves, and I can't figure out the best way to roll them.

Also, Rock n Roll New Orleans is doing $15 off today, so I'm umming and ahhing, lol. Maybe I should just hide my computer for the rest of the day.

$15 off?  That's a good deal!   I've been there, a deal almost too good to miss, but not being sure.   Hope your legs feel better soon.

Mitch-- happy anniversary to you and your wife!  Thank you for sharing these pictures.  Looks like a fantastic weekend, and the pic of you and DW is so cute!  1-1/2 more years for DH and I to be celebrating our 30th also.

Jack, but reading about your training here, makes it sound like you're doing it effortlessly!  LOL, same with Awood... he just makes it sound so easy.

Ginny-- thank you thank you thank you, for calling me wise yesterday!  I hoped if I lived long enough, someone would use that word with me Big grin .   You're always too kind.  I hope your rest day helps.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Sloooow.

Happy Anniversary Mitch! Looks like a beautiful place for a vacation.

Jack, enjoy your rest day

Ginny, it's good you are listening to your body. Hopefully the soreness will ease up.

Cherie, school? Are you a teacher? I'm so out of the loop with my terrible memory.

"Your are now registered for the 2014 Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon February 2, 2014"

I copy/pasted that, check out the spelling mistake. I did it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Can you please register already? Check the mark for the FE with Docket.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Never mind.  I see that "your" registered already, LOL.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Aww Mitch, you two are adorable Smile Happy 30th anniversary, may you have another 30 years together!

Cherie - if I could send some your way without bruising them all up I would! DD is going up to my parents' house for the weekend while we go to a wedding so I'll use up a few more baking some kind of thanks-for-watching-my-kid pie for them.

Ginny - no plan as of yet, will maybe add 1-2 minutes here or there if I feel good. Just aiming for consistency over the next few weeks and no pain or injury!

Oof. My head has been pounding from allergies all afternoon. 5:00 can't come soon enough D:

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy anniversary Mitch!!! So cute!!!

Coralie YAY for pulling the trigger on registering for your first half!!!!!

As for my tummy troubles this weekend I dunno the cause but my stomach was off all week, culminating in the Friday night and Saturday morning total misery. But that all seems to be behind me now....half a bottle of Pepto Bismol later!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I missed today was Mitch's anniversary!  Happy Anniversary!

Damaris