Beginners and Beyond

Runner attacked by Lion, Killed it (Read 34 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We all remember Pinky The Cat. Take his weight and times it by a factor of 4.

Lol true.

Sadly the internet is painting him as a piece of shit who wrestled a "kitten".

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

DavePNW

I am also reminded of the story about that hiker, depicted in the movie 127 Hours, but not looking for a pic of that.

MTA: although could not be worse than onemile's pic.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am also reminded of the story about that hiker, depicted in the movie 127 Hours, but not looking for a pic of that.

MTA: although could not be worse than onemile's pic.

Google is probably whispering “hold my beer”.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

There was also the story 2 years ago about the runner who drowned an attacking raccoon.

I doubt people think this in the moment, but if you kill the attacking animal, it can then be tested for rabies. If it runs off, pretty sure you get the shots.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

There was also the story 2 years ago about the runner who drowned an attacking raccoon.

I doubt people think this in the moment, but if you kill the attacking animal, it can then be tested for rabies. If it runs off, pretty sure you get the shots.

I still just find it hard to believe she had to fight it off, it lunged at her and moved around her feet, if a raccoon... even a rabid one, lunged at me.... I'd be bolting in the other direction just as I did when I ran up on top of a skunk and spooked it. Freaking bastard turned around and chased after me, fastest I ever ran. This idiot would have grabbed hold of the skunk and killed it, claiming they had no other choice 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)