Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I ran 8 in what could only be described as highlighters. Them things were loud. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 miles tonight.

Started restoring my phone an hour ago (it told me it needed to be as it wasn't pairing properly with my computer).  It still has 6 hours to go and I lost around a month of data/pictures based on the last backup date.  Anyway, that's not important. I just need my phone.  Grrrr.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

'Thursday!  I jogged thee easy miles last night and it was a tremendous run!  Sure, I was achy from my race, but I felt absolutely no pain in my right leg for the first time in months.  It was really nice to run with no injury pain.  I enjoyed that jog very much.  I will do the same later today.

My coach is in Connecticut for the weekend so I'm going to have breakfast with him Sunday.  He lives in San Diego and I've never met him in person.  I'm looking forward to it.  It's still a two hour drive each way but I've done that for races and this will be better.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

8 on the AlterG...

1mi w/u

-----------

6 mile progression:

mile 1 MP + 15 sec

mile 2 MP + 10 sec

mile 3 MP + 5 sec

mile 4 MP + 0 sec

mile 5 MP - 5 sec

mile 6 MP - 10 sec

-----------

1mi c/d

🤷🏻‍♀️

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

'Thursday!  I jogged thee easy miles last night and it was a tremendous run!  Sure, I was achy from my race, but I felt absolutely no pain in my right leg for the first time in months.  It was really nice to run with no injury pain.  I enjoyed that jog very much.  I will do the same later today.

My coach is in Connecticut for the weekend so I'm going to have breakfast with him Sunday.  He lives in San Diego and I've never met him in person.  I'm looking forward to it.  It's still a two hour drive each way but I've done that for races and this will be better.

That’s about as far as you can go and still be in CT.

Glad the run felt so good, especially so soon after the race. Because it’s almost marathon training time!

6 miles, extra sluggish for the first few. .

Dave

sdWhiskers

RD

And it's kind of raining    It's not supposed to do that here.

bluerun

Super B****

Aww, look what showed up in my FB Memories today... the pace band I printed out for my first marathon

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

More dew points over 70, aww yeah! At least it wasn't HOT. 7ish recovery/easy miles done. Running the Boston course from Hopkinton to somewhere in Newton w/ a friend for my long run tomorrow. Child has a soccer tournament all weekend so gotta get it out of the way before that!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! Probably will skip my trail run tonight and opt for something slow and flat. My quads are barking from my two little bits of running faster this week (annoyingly), so I want to play it safe. Doing the group run super easy last night seemed to help, so I'll continue that approach.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

It's still a two hour drive each way but I've done that for races and this will be better.

I driven further for FEs because sometimes it's as close as you'll ever get so you just do it.

LRB

Aww, look what showed up in my FB Memories today... the pace band I printed out for my first marathon

At some point during my first I stopped looking at it and just carried it in my hand the rest of the way. 

From the Internet.

Oh hey and today is day 150 of run streak! I didn't mean to do it at first, but here we are anyway, lol.

LRB

More dew points over 70, aww yeah! At least it wasn't HOT. 7ish recovery/easy miles done. Running the Boston course from Hopkinton to somewhere in Newton w/ a friend for my long run tomorrow. Child has a soccer tournament all weekend so gotta get it out of the way before that!

Are you doing that as race prep or just because you can? When I think of that course my brain starts to sizzle. 🍳🥓

LRB

Good morning! Probably will skip my trail run tonight and opt for something slow and flat. My quads are barking from my two little bits of running faster this week (annoyingly), so I want to play it safe. Doing the group run super easy last night seemed to help, so I'll continue that approach.

Are you past the mental scarring of your injury?

DavePNW

I've never had one of those things. For my first, I just followed the 4:00 pacer. What could go wrong? I lost her around 16 or so, and then things started to go downhill. I didn't have a watch at that time, I just logged the official race splits.

Distance Duration
                                Elapsed Time
                                Pace
                                7 mi 1:02:53 1:02:53 8:59  
                                6.1 mi 57:33 2:00:26 9:27  
                                6.9 mi 1:04:05 3:04:31 9:18  
                                6.2 mi 1:11:42 4:16:13 11:34

Dave