Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #55 (Read 29 times)

Cyberic

So you guys only do Speed on Indoor? Not Always? What about distance? (I had previously had Stryd on "always" for both distance and speed).

Onemile has Speed: Indoors, Distance: Indoors

LRB and D_R  have Speed: Always, Distance: Always

Me: last week everything was on Always. Now, they're on Indoor only. When winter is over, I'll revert back to Always.

Nothing wrong with either setting. My take on this is that it seems to me that you don't trust Stryd, but you trust GPS, so why not use GPS?

LRB

So you guys only do Speed on Indoor? Not Always? What about distance? (I had previously had Stryd on "always" for both distance and speed).

The GPS on my 630 was a total cluster bomb at the track and the one lap I ran there with my 245 wasn't any better. I ran a ladder workout at the track with 4 or 5 distances and the pod was money (within a step or two as I wrote earlier) so mine has been on speed and pace from the pod ever since.

I haven't had any percieved issues with it being short or long or with pace. In fact, I haven't had any issues with it save for the one Garmin update which removed Stryd Zones from my watch unbeknownst to me.

I don't plan on going back to GPS but I guess time will tell. Honestly, that's what I'm using the winter and spring training season is for; testing shit out, seeing what works and what doesn't so I'm ready to go when MRT kicks in in earnest come July  June!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The GPS on my 630 was a total cluster bomb at the track and the one lap I ran there with my 245 wasn't any better. I ran a ladder workout at the track with 4 or 5 distances and the pod was money (within a step or two as I wrote earlier) so mine has been on speed and pace from the pod ever since.

I haven't had any percieved issues with it being short or long or with pace. In fact, I haven't had any issues with it save for the one Garmin update which removed Stryd Zones from my watch unbeknownst to me.

I don't plan on going back to GPS but I guess time will tell. Honestly, that's what I'm using the winter and spring training season is for; testing shit out, seeing what works and what doesn't so I'm ready to go when MRT kicks in in earnest come July  June!

This happened to me a week after I bought it. Took me a couple of runs to figure it out.

Damaris

onemile

I only bought the Stryd to have accurate paces at the indoor track and it works great for that

I've been wearing it at other times just for the data which is kind of interesting but training with power etc was never my plan. I prefer to run by effort and look at the numbers later. I have found that they make sense and line up fwiw

onemile

Or just take the total and subtract warmup & cooldown. Anyway looks like they were pretty damn close - 2.91 last week, 2.87 today. Although last week’s is fudged; because of my watch snafu the first 1:30 was only 1:00, so I am extrapolating.

I checked Strava and I think you did a better job keeping the recoveries under 8 this time.

DavePNW

I checked Strava and I think you did a better job keeping the recoveries under 8 this time.

Where should they be? I was trying to keep them around 7:45 or under.

Dave

onemile

Where should they be? I was trying to keep them around 7:45 or under.

Around MP is good

DavePNW

Around MP is good

They got pretty fast when it got to 15 sec, lol.

Dave

onemile

They got pretty fast when it got to 15 sec, lol.

yeah you can't slow down as much because it's too hard to get back to speed

No Mona for me this week... I have Aussie Quarters instead

bluerun

Super B****

Around MP is good

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

I ran with my Monday group for the first time in awhile. We got 3.76 miles. It was hard to keep up with them, but it was good for me to push things a little. It’s been awhile since I’ve done anything but super easy.  I’ll def need the foam roller when I get home.

Cyberic

I only bought the Stryd to have accurate paces at the indoor track and it works great for that

I've been wearing it at other times just for the data which is kind of interesting but training with power etc was never my plan. I prefer to run by effort and look at the numbers later. I have found that they make sense and line up fwiw

My coworker had a cheap HR strap and just bought a HRM-Run last week. The advanced metrics actually show something for him. We can see his form changing as he tires. For me, it's always been worthless. Power data isn't proving more useful, for now.

Cyberic

My CP has dropped 8 points today. Not that I care, I'm just saying. I don't know if it's the accumulation of time without big workouts outside, or the fact that I found a steeper hill for my hill sprints today. Last time my CP dropped was after a hills workout also. Maybe Stryd thinks I'm pretty good on flat ground but goes "holy shit this guy actually sucks" when I hit hills.

onemile

My CP has dropped 8 points today. Not that I care, I'm just saying. I don't know if it's the accumulation of time without big workouts outside, or the fact that I found a steeper hill for my hill sprints today. Last time my CP dropped was after a hills workout also. Maybe Stryd thinks I'm pretty good on flat ground but goes "holy shit this guy actually sucks" when I hit hills.

I have been waiting for mine to drop...

Cyberic

I have been waiting for mine to drop...

On the top of my head, it took two months for my CP to get to its highest ( mid to end of December) when I was training decent workouts, and another two months of lighter activity for it to drop.