Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies need to git movin'! (Read 30 times)

delicate flower

Good morning, people!  I am assuming that by the lack of dailies being started this morning, everybody is out running right now.  To that I said GOOD JOB!  Wife is out running but I slept in.  God a bike ride to do later which I'll get to when it warms up.

I am headed out to the grocery store in a bit for the weekly reload.

Speak up!

<3

Hip Redux

I signed up for a trail 5k today back in January when it was $10.   But now I have to do something like 8-10 miles today so I'm going to do what all you crazy people do and run before and after a race.   Gah.

Feels like 33 out.   FTS, where's spring?

LRB

Good morning, people!  I am assuming that by the lack of dailies being started this morning, everybody is out running right now.  

lol

I was busy dreaming that I was running a 5k time trial on the freeway, in the left lane, with traffic. 

LRB

I signed up for a trail 5k today back in January when it was $10.   But now I have to do something like 8-10 miles today so I'm going to do what all you crazy people do and run before and after a race.   Gah.

Feels like 33 out.   FTS, where's spring?

It's actually 34 here. But rumor has it that it'll be hitting Michigan sometime around noon, so it should be blowing your way tomorrow. 👍

LRB

Speaking of rumors a little birdie told me that docket rocket is racing a 5k. LET'S GO DOCKET.

No more marathons

Speaking of rumors a little birdie told me that docket rocket is racing a 5k. LET'S GO DOCKET.

Wait, WHAT?  I assume she will run at least a HM as a warm up.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I've got 12 today - but it's only 35 out right now.  I'm waiting for an hour or so.  Low 40's is OK.

And the wind is gone.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Here's a thought.  I've been doing my last few long(ish) runs by doing a loop downtown (LOL - small town) that is about 6 miles long but can be shortened or lengthened easily to get 11, 12, or 13 miles.  The way I've been running it, the first and seventh miles are essentially the last mile of the HM I'm running in 4 weeks.  They are also a slow steady uphill grind.  So, by simply moving my start point a mile up the road (which would be the end point of the HM) I can finish today's 12 mile run with a fast finish equal to the last mile of the half.

Sounds like a no-brainer.  Also sounds painful.

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol, yes. It takes me a HM to warm up.

it was all sand and grass, sheesh. But flat as only Miami could be, 58F and no wind. 29:04, which us a two minute improvement from my last one and I arrived early!

Damaris

Good morning, people!  I am assuming that by the lack of dailies being started this morning, everybody is out running right now.  To that I said GOOD JOB!  Wife is out running but I slept in.  God a bike ride to do later which I'll get to when it warms up.

GOOD JOB!

I slept in till 6:15 today which felt amazing, compared to what the week has been.

Also I appear to have come home to the exact same weather I left out east - cold, windy, & rainy. But IIRC, you guys in NE are going to see ~70 in a couple days, so quit yer bitchin'.

Anyhoo, glad to be back home, to the land of Starbucks on every corner, rather than friggin' Dunkins.

I will probably get out for 5 today, but in no hurry.

And congrats Docket!

Dave

Cyberic

Congrats D!

Yep, you've got to do it, BlueSky.

I ran 10. GPS says less, but I stopped the watch early not to ruin my GPS art  

Cyberic

Anyhoo, glad to be back home, to the land of Starbucks on every corner

That really amazed me first time I went to Seattle.

From the Internet.

16.8 done. I crashed a little around mile 7ish - super tired, light-headed, had to sit for a minute. Slowed down when I started moving again, two of my running friends turned back to make sure I was okay and ran the rest with me. Not sure if it was nutrition related at all, or just straight up cumulative fatigue catching up with me, but I felt good again within a mile.

Cyberic

I'd be careful Lauren. You may want to take it easy (I don't mean not run) for a couple of days, and be super attentive to your body signals.

GinnyinPA

Dave - I thought Peets was the Washington coffee of choice?

D - congratulations! Any lung issues?