Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #7 (Read 37 times)

KCRuns

Docket, I'm glad your parents are okay!

I went back to the doctor last night to get a refill of my script because I'm still having coughing fits.  Not as many, but still bothering me and making it difficult to breathe normally.  He thinks I've kicked the bronchitis, but now have a sinus problem (or had this at the same time but didn't realize it).  Anyway, more drugs, including nose spray, which should help.  I didn't feel stopped up, so wasn't using one, but I guess there's more to the sinus cavities than I realized.

Anyway, I'm hoping today is the last rest day.

RunningOnSand

My doctor, and my nurse friends, all swear by consistent (and preventative) nasal sprays. Our pediatrician also recommended it for my daughter (and the rest of the family) when she was dx'd with Influenza before we left for Mexico. She was better in no time. KC, I hope the nasal spray, and the new meds, help to kick your cough and general ick feeling.

Docket, good news about your parents. I'm sure it must be a bit nerve racking with all these recent (and big!) earthquakes.

Cyber, I had my wisdom teeth pulled (all 4) when I was 17.  I slept for 2 days afterwards. And had puffy cheeks. Other than having my friends laugh at me, I don't remember the recovery being all bad.

About to head out for some miles. Don't know how many, but am aiming for ~6.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I use a nasal spray every night. It's all connected (lungs, nose, etc.) so it is part of the asthma "program" and it helps.

Damaris

Cyberic

My problem is that my sinus sits low for some reason. It's simply like that. Genetic.

When I had a tooth removed like 18 months ago, it left the sinus cavity exposed through the tooth hole. No bone barrier between the two. 2 days after, while I was eating, a hole formed in the sinus and air was going from my mouth to my sinus.

THAT is what I'm worried about. Not pain. Not saying I like pain, but I'm pretty good at toughing it out. But risk of infection in my sinuses... not being able to eat properly because I'm afraid the sinus cavity will puncture... those are the things that are freaking me out.

I asked the dentist if the same thing will happen, and he showed me the 360 degrees radiography, and my sinus is sitting on top and around the top tooth to be removed, so chances are pretty high the same thing will happen.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

PS, apparently, there have been 7 earthquakes in PR from midnight to 6am; just that there were two that were above 6. WTF. Since it's an island over an inverted dormant volcano, I'm wondering if they will now be the basis for the Volcano movie from the 90s, ha.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

The Washington Heights 5K is sold out -- I snuck in there just in time!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

6.7 miles.

At one point, I was smelling the strong smell of smoke but looking around, didn't see anything (it was dark). Debated investigating further but continued on. A few minutes later, fire truck and ambulance go racing past but seemingly for something else. Geez. I would have felt horrible to have missed someone's house on fire.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

My doctor, and my nurse friends, all swear by consistent (and preventative) nasal sprays. Our pediatrician also recommended it for my daughter (and the rest of the family) when she was dx'd with Influenza before we left for Mexico. She was better in no time. KC, I hope the nasal spray, and the new meds, help to kick your cough and general ick feeling.

I used to get sinus infections, that usually developed into bronchitis, all the time and had to use antibiotics to get rid of them. I even missed a marathon after a great summer of training due to an especially severe case.

During one episode, I went to an urgent care for treatment and the doctor there suggested using nasal spray every day (I use it every morning and night) as well as taking Mucinex at the first sign of any sinus issue, along with lots of water, to keep the "fluid" in the sinuses moving and prevent or limit the possibility of an infection. Since then, I've had very few infections and the one's I've had have been far less severe with none developing into bronchitis. I highly recommend trying it for anyone who suffers from sinus issues.

LRB

My problem is that my sinus sits low for some reason. It's simply like that. Genetic.

When I had a tooth removed like 18 months ago, it left the sinus cavity exposed through the tooth hole. No bone barrier between the two. 2 days after, while I was eating, a hole formed in the sinus and air was going from my mouth to my sinus.

THAT is what I'm worried about. Not pain. Not saying I like pain, but I'm pretty good at toughing it out. But risk of infection in my sinuses... not being able to eat properly because I'm afraid the sinus cavity will puncture... those are the things that are freaking me out.

I asked the dentist if the same thing will happen, and he showed me the 360 degrees radiography, and my sinus is sitting on top and around the top tooth to be removed, so chances are pretty high the same thing will happen.

I had an issue with a hole in my sinus cavity once (a nerve from my tooth penetrated the lining). You would've thought my brain was leaking from my ear the way those people responded. Fun times...

LRB

The Washington Heights 5K is sold out -- I snuck in there just in time!

Boosh! πŸ‘ŠπŸΎπŸ‘ŠπŸ»

LRB

PS, apparently, there have been 7 earthquakes in PR from midnight to 6am; just that there were two that were above 6. WTF. Since it's an island over an inverted dormant volcano, I'm wondering if they will now be the basis for the Volcano movie from the 90s, ha.

What. Is. Happening??

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What. Is. Happening??

We don't know but we know it can't be good, gah.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 6.

I had gone out for 7 but it was so hilariously slow that I risked running late for work had I continued the awful thing. Seriously, I laughed at the splits. lol

Dropped a raw garlic clove in my spinach smoothie afterwards and literally caught a buzz, dayum that thing was strong!

KCRuns

I use a nasal spray every night. It's all connected (lungs, nose, etc.) so it is part of the asthma "program" and it helps.

I used to get sinus infections, that usually developed into bronchitis, all the time and had to use antibiotics to get rid of them. I even missed a marathon after a great summer of training due to an especially severe case.

During one episode, I went to an urgent care for treatment and the doctor there suggested using nasal spray every day (I use it every morning and night) as well as taking Mucinex at the first sign of any sinus issue, along with lots of water, to keep the "fluid" in the sinuses moving and prevent or limit the possibility of an infection. Since then, I've had very few infections and the one's I've had have been far less severe with none developing into bronchitis. I highly recommend trying it for anyone who suffers from sinus issues.

Y'all are full of great information today, thank you!  I'm not even stopped up or stuffy, but admit using the nose spray last night & this morning has made a huge difference in the coughing, especially the uncontrollable coughing fits.  Who knew??  I think this just might be the solution!  We try to not use nose sprays over worries we'll get dependent on it, so it wasn't something I thought to try.  Now I will move it to the top of the list of things to try at the first sign of these issues next time.

sdWhiskers

Y'all are full of great information today, thank you!  I'm not even stopped up or stuffy, but admit using the nose spray last night & this morning has made a huge difference in the coughing, especially the uncontrollable coughing fits.  Who knew??  I think this just might be the solution!  We try to not use nose sprays over worries we'll get dependent on it, so it wasn't something I thought to try.  Now I will move it to the top of the list of things to try at the first sign of these issues next time.

This is a real thing with Afrin. Not the same as with saline sprays or Flonase.