Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #7 (Read 37 times)

sdWhiskers

I had gone out for 7 but it was so hilariously slow that I risked running late for work had I continued the awful thing. Seriously, I laughed at the splits. lol

I've been running stupidly slow for easy runs lately. Trying to keep HR < 145 which results in 1 min per mile slower than usual. The good is I feel great afterwards! Bad is I have to get up earlier to run the same amount

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've been running stupidly slow for easy runs lately. Trying to keep HR < 145 which results in 1 min per mile slower than usual. The good is I feel great afterwards! Bad is I have to get up earlier to run the same amount

If it's any consolation, my marathon PR came while running at MAF, a HR so low my runs were at above 12mm. My PR is 10:21mm and I had no issues running a marathon at that pace after weeks running at above 12mm.

Damaris

LRB

This is a real thing with Afrin. Not the same as with saline sprays or Flonase.

+1

I kept a bottle of that stuff in my car like a dentist keeps extra floss. Took a minute but finally realized I was prolonging the issue by taking it. Now, I just deal with whatever the virus is and if it's really bad I'll drink warm whiskey and lemon juice and all of sudden don't even know I have a nose anymore, let alone worry about not being able to breath out of it!

LRB

Yep, if I went by HR I would be running about the same! The only time I'm running in the easy zone it seems is when I'm walking to start running again after stopping at a light. lol

12 at accotink, crawled the last three... couch the rest of the day.

im just outside of dc and the fed gov closed at 1pm cause of potential weather .... not safe to drive as people here go nuts over potential bad weather

DavePNW

We are changing our internet/TV service, the installation guy is here right now. Looking forward to finally dumping Comcast and saving some money.

Dave

LRB

We are changing our internet/TV service, the installation guy is here right now. Looking forward to finally dumping Comcast and saving some money.

Good luck. 🤞 Sometimes the rates go up after two years and the service goes down, or in some cases, the service never measured up.

DavePNW

Good luck. 🤞 Sometimes the rates go up after two years and the service goes down, or in some cases, the service never measured up.

Yeah you never know what you’re going to get, but we figured it’s worth a shot.

Dave

LRB

Yeah you never know what you’re going to get, but we figured it’s worth a shot.

It is! What happened in my case was I never got used to at&t (I've been with Comcast since they were Barden), so I called Comcast back and because I wasn't technically a customer anymore, they gave me all the deals (and then some!) I asked for before I left. Why can't they just do that in the first place, stupid.

GinnyinPA

It's snowing here - about an inch in the last hour. I've got intervals today, so I guess I'll be doing them on the TM.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

This is a real thing with Afrin. Not the same as with saline sprays or Flonase.

yeah, I just use saline spray. Hopefully doesn't cause any issues!

DavePNW

It is! What happened in my case was I never got used to at&t (I've been with Comcast since they were Barden), so I called Comcast back and because I wasn't technically a customer anymore, they gave me all the deals (and then some!) I asked for before I left. Why can't they just do that in the first place, stupid.

Yep. They would have kept a customer. I spent a bunch of time on the phone with them trying to get a good deal, but it could not come close to the other guys.

Dave

onemile

I ran 10 miles with 2x2k w/ 2 min, 2x1k w/ 1 min, and then 6x200m w/ 200m

RunningOnSand

I used to get sinus infections, that usually developed into bronchitis, all the time and had to use antibiotics to get rid of them. I even missed a marathon after a great summer of training due to an especially severe case.

During one episode, I went to an urgent care for treatment and the doctor there suggested using nasal spray every day (I use it every morning and night) as well as taking Mucinex at the first sign of any sinus issue, along with lots of water, to keep the "fluid" in the sinuses moving and prevent or limit the possibility of an infection. Since then, I've had very few infections and the one's I've had have been far less severe with none developing into bronchitis. I highly recommend trying it for anyone who suffers from sinus issues.

Yes! I've been told similar. That is so great you've found a way to greatly reduce your episodes. Sinus stuff is seriously the worst. I had one particularly bad infection when one of my kiddos was a baby, and I was so miserable--I was in so much pain. I always cringe when people say their sinuses are infected. Sad

Cyber, I get it now. I hope you don't get an infection, too.

RunningOnSand

The Washington Heights 5K is sold out -- I snuck in there just in time!

Nicely done!