Beginners and Beyond

Friday? (Read 41 times)

Zelanie

Come on, we need more details than that, sir!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I just bought the 630 bundle.

I have been watching it all fall and figured Black Friday would be the day to snag one if the price was right. Well, at $181 off this morning (it lists for $450), I rolled the dice on it. Hopefully I don't come to regret it in two weeks but even still, it was a great deal.

Cool.  Certain credit cards have price protection and will give you cash back if the price drops on the item.  Of course you have to call them to get it, so it is a bit of a pain.  Also sometimes if the price drops (like at amazon) if it is within 30 days of purchase if you call them they'll give you a credit.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

DavePNW

Come on, we need more details than that, sir!

You can see all the deets on Strava. 

Still in Newport Beach, but despite all the suggestions yesterday, I didn't get too adventurous & just used the same trail.

At the airport now waiting for my flight home.

Dave

DavePNW

I still haven't seen Doctor Strange ffs and now Arrival just checked in as certified fresh on RT. I need to get it in gear!

I don't see much in the theater, but DD & I bond over Marvel movies, so we may try to hit Dr. S. this weekend. Reviews seem mostly positive. We also bond over Harry Potter, so looking forward to Fantastic Beasts next weekend.

Dave

LRB

Cool.  Certain credit cards have price protection and will give you cash back if the price drops on the item.  Of course you have to call them to get it, so it is a bit of a pain.  Also sometimes if the price drops (like at amazon) if it is within 30 days of purchase if you call them they'll give you a credit.

I did not know that, thanks. I actually used an Amazon credit card (), so hopefully that matters should it come to that.

Zelanie

You can see all the deets on Strava. 

Still in Newport Beach, but despite all the suggestions yesterday, I didn't get too adventurous & just used the same trail.

At the airport now waiting for my flight home.

Didn't think of that.  I checked your log here and it still said Boston.  Have a good flight home!

DavePNW

Didn't think of that.  I checked your log here and it still said Boston.  Have a good flight home!

I guess the settings change I made didn't take?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I just bought the 630 bundle.

I have been watching it all fall and figured Black Friday would be the day to snag one if the price was right. Well, at $181 off this morning (it lists for $450), I rolled the dice on it. Hopefully I don't come to regret it in two weeks but even still, it was a great deal.

Would you quit tempting me?!  I do not want or need a new watch!!

I miss running, but I did get to do a couple of dives today.  After all my longing for a strobe so my photos don't turn out all blue, I finally got one, only to realize last night that while I had the li-ion battery for the video light, I did NOT have the AAA batteries for the slave strobe.  But the whole contraption is so much bigger and bulkier than I expected; I COULD hunt down some AAA batteries and use it on Sunday.  Instead, I think will sell it as new, never-used, and buy a GoPro instead.  Because that is SMALL.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

I guess the settings change I made didn't take?

Either that or your GPS was a bit off.

onemile

Bad timing.

I paid north of $350 for my 620 without the HRM in July of 2015. It's just one of those things that we have no control over.

I could've waited but I wanted to have time to get it adjusted to my liking before CIM and I was worried I couldn't rely on my other Garmin to work right

After a few more runs (one in daylight/sun and the other at the indoor track) I don't really have any complaints about the brightness of the display. Yeah it's a little dimmer but I can still read it just fine without straining.

Also, it has an option for indoor run, which I chose last night. Pretty sure all it does is turn off the GPS?  And I had no problem hooking it up to my footpod and it was pretty much the same, accuracy wise as before (it gives me 1.04 miles when I run a mile on the track -- fixed it in my log already).

Wifi upload has been seamless. Transferred last night's workout to the watch, no problem.

DavePNW

Either that or your GPS was a bit off.

Damn you, Garmin!

Are you able to see yesterday's?

Dave

Zelanie

Damn you, Garmin!

Are you able to see yesterday's?

Yes.

DavePNW

Yes.

You should be able to see it now. Although basically the same as yesterday. I wonder why the settings change didn't work.

Dave

Zelanie

You should be able to see it now. Although basically the same as yesterday. I wonder why the settings change didn't work.

I can see it.  I gotta stop procrastinating and go run.

LRB

Would you quit tempting me?!  I do not want or need a new watch!!

I didn't either, actually. lol