Beginners and Beyond

Friday? (Read 41 times)

LRB

I could've waited but I wanted to have time to get it adjusted to my liking before CIM and I was worried I couldn't rely on my other Garmin to work right

After a few more runs (one in daylight/sun and the other at the indoor track) I don't really have any complaints about the brightness of the display. Yeah it's a little dimmer but I can still read it just fine without straining.

Also, it has an option for indoor run, which I chose last night. Pretty sure all it does is turn off the GPS?  And I had no problem hooking it up to my footpod and it was pretty much the same, accuracy wise as before (it gives me 1.04 miles when I run a mile on the track -- fixed it in my log already).

Wifi upload has been seamless. Transferred last night's workout to the watch, no problem.

Excellent.

I understand fully your reasoning for getting it, and with your 620 rendered completely unreliable, you were basically forced to make the move.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  I am off but went to Pilates, then lunch, then grocery shopping, and now I need a nap, LOL.  I'll lift later.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Lots of walking, some pizza, some pool and hot tub, a 6 mile run, and some more of this:

<3

LRB

Lots of walking, some pizza, some pool and hot tub, a 6 mile run, and some more of this:

lmao

Awesome. Cool

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice!

Having fun in FB when FB declared me dead, along with many others.  WTF, FB!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good news it appears with Jetta, she no longer has a limp, even when she runs (which I get on to her about). She's walking strong, but she'll be seeing the vet next Thursday and then most likely another week of no running.

Even when she is able to start running again, I'll probably only run her 3-4 times a week, maybe even splitting the miles up between her and Rocky.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

LOL!! Amazing.

No more marathons

Good news it appears with Jetta, she no longer has a limp, even when she runs (which I get on to her about). She's walking strong, but she'll be seeing the vet next Thursday and then most likely another week of no running.

Even when she is able to start running again, I'll probably only run her 3-4 times a week, maybe even splitting the miles up between her and Rocky.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I'm experiencing some minor discomfort in my gluteus maximus from all the ups and downs on ladders yesterday.

5 miles at lunch - didn't hurt, but didn't help either.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I don't see much in the theater, but DD & I bond over Marvel movies, so we may try to hit Dr. S. this weekend. Reviews seem mostly positive. We also bond over Harry Potter, so looking forward to Fantastic Beasts next weekend.

Yep, Fantastic Beasts will be on the schedule in two weeks - with Arrival in the works tomorrow or Sunday.

Dr. S is well worth the time and money.  IMHO

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 really slow. Slow down in the heat. Now I have my running in the dark slow down. 

Freesoul, good news about Jetta.

Baboon, are you getting your money's worth for the photo package?

Docket, welcome back from the dead.

Zelanie

12 w/ 10 @ MP.  Felt like turning back the whole way, but instead I kept going.

LRB

with Arrival in the works tomorrow or Sunday.

I saw it today. It is an extremely deep movie, with its true meaning only being revealed at its end (at least that's how long it took for me to get it ). I walked out with several people who didn't even realize what the twist was. I will not spoil it for you, but will be interested to see if it falls into place for you when you see it.

This is not an action flick or typical alien block buster shoot 'em up bang-bang movie as we know them. It is slow but deliberate, and nicely done in my opinion.

Ric-G

Re  - movies....ended up seeing hacksaw ridge...good choice for Veterans Day -  wow.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great news!

Damaris