Beginners and Beyond

Sad reminder on FB re MothAudio (Read 66 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

FB reminded me to celebrate Mike's birthday today. I was just thinking about him Sunday because he always organized a March Madness Fantasy Bracket game. I do miss him.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Me too.  It's crazy to me how much I miss someone I never had the pleasure of meeting in real life.  He made such an impact on me.  Thanks for posting, it's good to remember and to know that other people also remember.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yes, he was a rock in RWOL.  Very much missed.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

How best to honor him: Run Inspired!

Dave

RunningOnSand

Yes. Very well put

I miss him too. Sad

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I haven't been active on these forums in some time, and saw this as one of the first posts that I read today. I'm so saddened to read of his passing. Even though it's been a number of years, I still remember many of his posts and know that his words and actions impacted many.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Coastal

Miss that guy.

ForceD

Always a positive comment from him.

Dan

Running since March 1976

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I run mostly to see things, to explore places I don't know. And the places I do know,...then I get a sense of the weather, the shifting light, the seasonal changes; it can be pleasurable even when you hurl yourself into the teeth of nature." -- Ed Koren, Runner and Cartoonist for New Yorker magazine, 2006 interview for RW magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The road belongs not to the swift, but to those who keep running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough...sprinters quit.

I miss him, too.  He seemed like a real gentleman.

I haven't been on these forums in years, but I remember a lot of the users I see still posting here.  That is something that Moth has passed away.  If I remember correctly he had a son who near one of my kid's ages - mine are HS freshman and 6th grade now.  That's sad that his son doesn't have a dad now.  Moth lived in Columbus, OH, correct?