Beginners and Beyond

Hot Dog Penguin's ThursDAILY (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy National Hot Dog Day !!!

Gym and possibly a URD if my knees stay achy.

Looks like a good day for the solar panels, HsM and Zel.

PADRunner

Morning Jerry, 6 done this morning.

hog4life

Morning Pad and Jerry!

I got 8 last night, and then 7.4 this morning with more planned for this evening.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I did NOT get enough sleep last night, so 5AM PT was a little tough.  But it's done, and I have chorus tonight, so it'll be another late night.  I'm glad tomorrow is Friday!  My tech is on vacation this week, and although I've REALLY enjoyed the peace and quiet (he tends to do woodwork at his desk in his spare time), I also miss unloading half the work on him.  Woo-hoo!

Jerryb -- sorry about your knees!!  Get on the hip strengthening exercises, and stretch your IT band.

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 6 done!!

Hog -- wow, woo-hoo for your 15.4 and more!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.2 miles done this morning.  Like a flippin' sauna out there, no wind, humidity in the 90's percentile, dewpoint in the upper 70s, and 'dead air' , no wind at all.  Thoroughly soaked in sweat by the time I was done.  However, it was a GREAT run/walk, I felt strong the whole way and also got to see a beautiful sunrise.   What the heck is happening to me...I'm actually beginning to LIKE this early morning running!  Glad I did run this morning, though....98 degrees here in San Antonio this afternoon with a 103 heat index.

Hot dog day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I did not run last night, didn't feel like it.  Ran 10 with 4 @ HMP on the TM this morning.  Pilates and more miles tonight.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Sounds like a busy morning for most of you.

Jerry - sorry the knees are complaining.  Are you icing them?

HopesMom - good job doing the sleepytime PT.  Enjoy your quiet lab while you have it.

PAD - good job on the 6.  How was your group session the other day?

Mitch - doubles?  Good work.

Scotty - that's hot, but at least you have lots of shady parks to run in.

D - another doubler.  You got a good start.  Good luck with the evening run.  Will that be with your husband?

AFM:  Back to the dentist to get a cavity filled.  I have no idea whether I'll run afterwards or not.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ginny, I hate the dentist, ha!  Part of the run will be with hubby, but I need to make up some of the miles from yesterday's missed run so both solo and with him (depending on the weather, of course).

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Succumbed to peer pressure of the Mileage Team....and of course, DW.  3.5 miles, knees were still a little achy so we took it slow.

DW didn't get the hot dog day memo,  so there are no hot dogs in the house

Amazonian Princess

Only 3 miles last night because I spent too much time wondering if my shorts were too short

Session with the trainer tonight - and she's started working in laps outside around the gym between exercises, so I'll do 20 kettlebell swings, 15 jump squats, 10 box jumps then run about 200 meters and come back to 3 more exercises and keep going for an hour. Supposed to help build stamina and I don't mind the fresh air or the funny looks from the other members

I can. I will. I am. 

PADRunner

PAD - good job on the 6.  How was your group session the other day?

Tough & hot! 1 Warmup, 5x 90 @5k 4 min jog, 10x 20yd strides 1 cool down.

GinnyinPA

This is the best weather we're having for the next week or more, so I forced myself outside even though I really didn't want to go for a run.  It was 82 and sunny, with very low humidity.  With very little shade in our neighborhood, it still felt hot to me, so I was slow, but it was nice to be outside so I ran six instead of the four I intended.

hog4life

Another 10 this evening give me 17.4 on the day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Another 10 this evening give me 17.4 on the day.

And how many tomorrow morning?