Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Snowdailies (Read 32 times)

LRB

Next week she'll be on to strength workouts, which I don't think there's any way in hell I can keep up with her unless she runs them on the track, which I don't think is likely, because FTS, KWIM?

I've never seen a square track, what purpose does it serve?

LRB

For my marathon, I'm thinking with 12 weeks to go and mileage/endurance being my weak point, I don't think I'm going to do any speedwork at all.  The focus will be on building my mileage and my LR.  I might do LRs up in the forest, though.  Even though it's a flat course, the hills have got to be good for me, and the scenery is nicer.

Sounds like a good plan.

LRB

I set my alarm for 2:50 to get today's run in! 15 miles done, showered and breakfast and a load of laundry washed and then back to bed all before 7 AM. Up again and ready for second breakfast now!

That's both amazing, and insane. lol

Zelanie

Well the corners are sort of rounded.  I think the basic idea was that the actual track on campus is closed to anybody who's not on the track team, so they built this walking/jogging path with a track surface around the field so that people would stay off the real track.  Somebody on our club did wheel the distances, since they're not marked, so it works OK.  My RP has been having trouble hitting her paces, though, which could very well be that you can't really hold pace through those corners.

Cyberic

Running. Just a wild guess.

From the Internet.

lol

From the Internet.

That's both amazing, and insane. lol

The only thing that got me out of bed was knowing that in just a few short hours I'd be back in bed!

LRB

Well the corners are sort of rounded.  

Ah. Cool then. Accelerating into and out of the corners at the track is a blast, I would hate to have to ride the brakes instead.

LRB

Cutting corners. 

LRB

The only thing that got me out of bed was knowing that in just a few short hours I'd be back in bed!

You are yet another beast where MRT is concerned, watch out Sugarloaf. 

LRB

I ran 10 miles with a windchill in the high teens.  That's my first workday double-digit run in 5 months. 

Steady as he goes. 

LRB

Morning! PT and Pilates.

You do Pilates everyday?

Also, if today is a rest day from running, that shoud be stated in your post. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You do Pilates everyday?

Also, if today is a rest day from running, that shoud be stated in your post. 

Three times a week.  Are you related to Baboon?

Not sure if it will be an RD from running because I am not sure if I'm running tonight or not.

Damaris

LRB

Three times a week.  Are you related to Baboon?

Not sure if it will be an RD from running because I am not sure if I'm running tonight or not.

It seems as though the word Pilates is in your posts everyday, and yes, Boon is my brother from another mother. 👍👊💯

DavePNW

It's dumping out there!  I got coffee and am not working, so all is well.  I've a bike workout to do today, which works out well since a run wasn't going to happen.

So we've got a statewide highway travel ban today, yet I am watching the news and there are broken down vehicles all over the highways.  What the hell, people.

Sounds like the Baboon Fitness Center and Cupcake Emporium is going to be hopping today.

Guess it's a good thing I canceled my trip (well actually the airline went ahead & canceled the flight for me). Planned to fly into Philly, drive to NY & CT. lolz.

Just rain here, 8 miles w/10 strides.

Looking at another marathon option: North Olympic Discovery Marathon on 6/4. Closer than Newport; probably not as fast a course, but looks pretty damn scenic.

Dave