Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are going nowhere fast (Read 36 times)

onemile

Another day of sloth and laziness 

LRB

Well, if you remember the droid from Prometheus, that wasn't a different direction; just a continuance.

Prometheus was originally billed as man seeking to find the creator(s) of mankind (remember the engineers?), and there were a shit ton of questions posed along those lines that were never answered. So now we get to Covenant and not only were none of them answered yet again, they weren't seeking to find the creator(s) anymore.

Prometheus on its own sucked, Covenant on its own is okay. Put together as prequel and sequel and they are dumb and dumber. imo

LRB

I am keeping it simple and seeing neither.

Appropriate thread title for me as well, since I was going around in circles relatively quickly.

I had 8 w/3x1600 today. Wasn't expecting much, considering I'm just coming off a 5k. Supposed to be at 5k pace, figured I'd end up more like 10k. Went a bit better than expected; 6:58, 6:50, 6:40. There's my final serious workout.

Boom.

delicate flower

Prometheus on its own sucked, Covenant on its own is okay. Put together as prequel and sequel and they are dumb and dumber. imo

Well maybe we'll just skip it and go see Wonder Woman next weekend.  Or Captain Underpants.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day.

Hubby and I watched Prometheus and enjoyed where it was going with the "Engineers". And of course Prometheus left a lot of questions unanswered...   a lot....

We were going to go see the Covenant but DH watched a video that shows the Android kill the Engineers at the beginning so the whole movie becomes 100% about those damn aliens.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the alien series but we were interested in the Engineers so we aren't going to a theatre to see it.

I do want to see the newest Pirates of the Caribbean though..... cast looks to have great chemistry.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

The main question that Prometheus left unanswered for me was why did I sit through all of it?

Also WTF was wrong with their society that those were the "scientists" that they sent?

LRB

Well maybe we'll just skip it and go see Wonder Woman next weekend.  Or Captain Underpants.

I'm stoked for that.

I guess I would still see Covenant, it has some good scenes and Michael Fassbender's performance was worth the price of admission alone. It's just as a whole for fans of the franchise, the two movies are stupid. I read somewhere that they went through like 15 drafts for Covenant before settling on one, so they couldn't make their minds up which way they wanted to go. It shows.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, no. The video of a droid killing people is nowhere near the start of the movie.  They have an accident which is why they end up on that wretched planet.

Damaris

LRB

The main question that Prometheus left unanswered for me was why did I sit through all of it?

Also WTF was wrong with their society that those were the "scientists" that they sent?

So that you could say with 100% certainty that it was stupid. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, no. The video of a droid killing people is nowhere near the start of the movie.  They have an accident which is why they end up on that wretched planet.

Well, the movie seems to be all about those aliens and has nothing to do with the Engineers because the trailer never shows a single Engineer while at the end of Prometheus you are left thinking that the sequel is going to take them to another planet or the home planet of the Engineers........ so I'll probably rent it when it comes out.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Well maybe we'll just skip it and go see Wonder Woman next weekend.  

Looking forward to it! That weekend will be all about Wonder Woman. Not much else going on for either of us.

Dave

delicate flower

Looking forward to it! That weekend will be all about Wonder Woman. Not much else going on for either of us.

A stress-free weekend for sure.

<3

LRB

Well, the movie seems to be all about those aliens and has nothing to do with the Engineers because the trailer never shows a single Engineer while at the end of Prometheus you are left thinking that the sequel is going to take them to another planet or the home planet of the Engineers........

EXACTLY. Thank you!

They do make it there, and what happens when they do is dumber than shit based on where you thought the movie was going!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

EXACTLY. Thank you!

They do make it there, and what happens when they do is dumber than shit based on where you thought the movie was going!

Word. But also, not sure what movie you were watching.  None of the Aliens movies end up in any way shape or form well.

And that is why I say this one was a continuance to the prior one.  Can't say any more without revealing characters and plot.  But to me, it's also meh.

Damaris

LRB

Word. But also, not sure what movie you were watching.  None of the Aliens movies end up in any way shape or form well.

And that is why I say this one was a continuance to the prior one.  Can't say any more without revealing characters and plot.  But to me, it's also meh.

With the exception of Aliens (the second one from 1982), this is true!