Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES seem like Sunday (Read 41 times)

LRB

Hi.

It's about this time every year where I need a compass to figure out where the hell I am in the week!

I was out pretty early last night and didn't get up until late today. I didn't necessarily sleep like a Baboon but did dream like one.

Anyway, the coffee is gone and it's time to get this train on the road.

What cha got?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah, I am fighting hard to get Dorian (and myself) back on our regular schedule... this past week we've been off from work and our hours are all f*cked up. I decided not to run this morning, and instead headed to the gym for the first time in 3 months to work my back... I am sore, but most my hands. I've lost some grip strength and I am already feeling the burn in my palms... but it felt good just to be back in there.

Now, lots of coffee.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles and maybe weights.

LRB, pull yourself together!

Andrea, you don't use gloves?  I wouldn't lift heavy weights without them.

Damaris

Cyberic

Back from an easy 11

Zelanie

Morning!  Didn't get a chance to congratulate Sly yesterday, so let me be the first to say congratulations today. Smile

Hope everybody's well.  I'm ahead of the pace bunny, and intend to stay that way by running 6 today.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Boy, the dailies are off to a slow start today.  I ran 12 miles at a medium effort (7:35 pace).  My legs felt heavy today.

From yesterday....

Overall win in 5k last evening (before the drank)

No one to compete w/ running 1 min ahead of 2nd place.  :/

Baboon - this 4 u

Good ending to 2015.

and 10miles @7:18 to start 2016.

YEAH, BABY!  Congrats, sly!  How many races have you won?  I feel like I may be creeping towards being able to win a race, one of those small local deals where all the fast people do something else.  

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Thanks!

Baboon - 3 or 4 overall - quite a few masters

I have come to accept it isn't how fast you run, but who shows up to race!

but I would prefer to lose a hard fought race rather than win when no-one is around.

6+ to do today easy

Shoe news, because inquiring minds want to know.

- Yesterday's race put my Ravennas over the 500 mile mark. (Can I also use old shoes as an excuse for not running faster?) So I guess it's time to retire them, and move on to my 6th pair of the exact same Ravenna 5's. They are on 7 now, maybe I'll get the new model when they get to 8. We'll see. Maybe depends on ability to find the 5 online somewhere, as this is my last pair in inventory.

- Also ordered a new pair of Adrenalines, as my current ones are at 414. And by new I mean another one of the old model (12), nicely discounted on RW. And yes Baboon I requested a free shopping bag. Because I really needed another one of those.

This is about as much shoe excitement as I can stand in one day. Now I can move on and not think about shoes again for another ~4 months.

Oh yeah I will probably run later. Yesterday's running put me on pace for 3660 miles for 2016. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Dave

Well the faster you are, the less that matters. Congrats!

Dave

LRB

but I would prefer to lose a hard fought race rather than win when no-one is around.

Really? I would prefer to win a hard fought race.

Nice job!

Hope everybody's well.  I'm ahead of the pace bunny, and intend to stay that way by running 6 today.

So do you regret taking charge of the miles game this year yet? Responding to all the (often dumb) questions, suggestions & issues in the various threads seems like a full time job, even with 3 of you.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Yesterday's running put me on pace for 3660 miles for 2016. So that is my new team pledge.

fyp

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  Poor Dave.  Now he has to run that for the year.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  I have 6 miles and maybe weights.

LRB, pull yourself together!

Andrea, you don't use gloves?  I wouldn't lift heavy weights without them.

I do, but strangely enough I still felt like blisters were trying to form  I used these gloves "last year" and they were never an issue, maybe the last 3 months have weakened my skin....?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 21.6 hard miles.  14@MP+5-30 secs.  Those were before, in between, and after the two big hills.  The last 3 miles were the fastest.  It was the fastest I've ever ran anything >15 miles.  The avg pace was my goal MP+43 secs.  I felt good, just tired at the end.  My confidence is growing a little.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.