Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: All Aboard! (Read 45 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

Time to get this thang moving, wha chu got?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles with fellor forumote Doody Done.

Damaris

delicate flower

What it say!  Loving vacation.  Still basking in the glory on my 5K yesterday.  13-15 mile run on tap this morning. I love vacationing with other runners.  Big grin

<3

Hip Redux

Good morning, folks!

Kayaking on tap for this afternoon.  I have a run/bike/kayak triathlon in my sights for next weekend.   The run and the kayak are short enough that I think it'll be a good test for these sorts of tris without having to overexert myself with my current training situation.  Too bad there's really only a handful in this area with a kayak portion and not swim though.

Yesterday we went to go see Elysium - if you liked District 9, you'll probably also like this.  But man, the camera work made me motion sick.  I spent about 30 minutes of the movie with my eyes closed.

Oh and Jay - loved the POTUSA reference last night. lol Had the song in my head after that!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

All aboard........

We're riding our Sundailies on a crazy train!

Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday morning so far. I'm thinking about heading out for a short, easy, sweaty, humid Sunday morning recovery run after yesterday's little race. I seem to always feel better if I do a 3-4 mile jog the day after.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I saw it too.  I thought District 9 was depressing but this one was better, IMO.

Good morning, folks!

Kayaking on tap for this afternoon.  I have a run/bike/kayak triathlon in my sights for next weekend.   The run and the kayak are short enough that I think it'll be a good test for these sorts of tris without having to overexert myself with my current training situation.  Too bad there's really only a handful in this area with a kayak portion and not swim though.

Yesterday we went to go see Elysium - if you liked District 9, you'll probably also like this.  But man, the camera work made me motion sick.  I spent about 30 minutes of the movie with my eyes closed.

Oh and Jay - loved the POTUSA reference last night. lol Had the song in my head after that!

Damaris

Morning all.

Oski/Jay: Thanks...I did not read that last night, but went back & now it's in my head too. Try replacing it with this one: She's Lump, she's Lump, she's in my head.

Tom: Not sure that's what Ozzy had in mind when he wrote that song.

Insomnia last night; ended up watching Reservoir Dogs on TV in the middle of the night. Hadn't seen that one in a long time. Reminded me of a friend years ago that started a band & named it Mr. Black. Yoga later this morning. Have a good one everybody.

Dave

Will run for scenery.

Hey Peeps.

I'm back from a week of building trails.  We were camped at a site called Winfield, which is the halfway/turnaround for the Leadville Trail 100 (next week).

On Wed. I ran 6 miles of the LT100 course. No pacer, no crew, no aid station.  What's all the whining about ?

Yesterday I ran 4 miles w/ a gain of 1200'.  Nice trail along a rocky creek.

On the return I walked and gathered mushrooms.  Found a porcini that weighs about 3 pounds and several pounds of "scaly hedgehog". Both are good "beginners" mushrooms - easy to ID and no poisonous lookalikes.

Now I'm gonna cook me up a nice little (huge) mushroom omelette.

MTA : and have my first non-sucky coffee in a week !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

B-Plus

Good morning! LR on tap.

Mornin' dailies:

Rick -  LR express

D - good 6

Baboon - Good race, there were some really fast times

Oski - tri with kayaks and not swimming, excellent concept.

Tom - Thomas vs. Ozzy, hahaha.  Well played, sir!

DaveP - great movie.

jjs - yum

B+ - have a good one

Out to git 'er done in a few.

LRB

Rick -  LR express

FTW!

14 easy done which were a few seconds faster per mile than I planned but they felt easy so I just went with it.

8:27

8:16

8:13

8:13

8:07

8:15

8:12

8:18

8:10

8:15

8:14

8:11

This week marks the first time I have hit the 50 mile plateau since May, and that I ran 27 miles the past two days on an empty stomach bodes well for me as my mileage creeps back to the fifties, and a little bit higher later.  I also carried nothing to drink and was completely fine.

Another observation; the underwear that I bought specifically to run in that are always stuck up my ass and crotch when I am not running, are fine when I am.  I guess I should wear them specifically for running then!

Mr. Garmin says I burned 1,941 calories during my run, and unlike everyone else who does not believe it is accurate, I do, and am about to try to eat every one of them motherfuckers back up in one sitting right now!

Word.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great run, LRB.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

15.1 sweaty miles done this morning, dewpoint of 76*, fun stuff, my shoes were squishing by mile 6.  Saw a friend from my local running club out there, she finished before me and picked us up some iced coffee, perfect post run drink! Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Will run for scenery.

Nice run Ric.  Two hours of very steady splits and no water/snacks.  Lot of folks can't manage that sitting in a chair!

Oh, and the mushrooms were pretty good - like portobellos but more flavor.  Next up : mushroom and barley soup. Or maybe risotto.  Mmmm.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!