Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are easy to please (Read 47 times)

happylily

Are those Newtons? Word is they laid off a ton of their staff the other day.

Really? Yes, they are Newtons. Good thing I started wearing my DS-Racers again recently... I had brought two pairs (the Newtons and the Asics) to Chicago but decided to walk in the Newtons because they are bigger. I figured it would be less painful than in my narrow Asics.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

Lily, OUCH!! D: Good luck with the run, hope all goes smoothly!

Recovery miles done, strength later - skipped it yesterday because I was feeling yucky.

GinnyinPA

Yikes Lily - that looks painful.  It's a good lesson in how easily a race can be wrecked by something totally non-race related.  I hope you're able to run today.

Beer Runners this evening, so probably about 4 miles.  We're prepping a few rooms in the house for painting - packing books and dressers, etc. It's been years since we've done any real painting, so it should be interesting to see how much, if any, skill remains.  DH used to be pretty good. I never was.

cjones1

Lily, welcome back.  Hope you can get back to a routine.

5 easy miles done this morning.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Zelanie

Morning!  Dinner last night was great, now I need to get my act together and head to my workshop.  But I wanna sleep more!

Lily- Glad to hear from you!   Hope the run goes well!

LRB

I had a lemon muffin for my post-run treat. Not that the run was anything special but that I am. Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happylily, ouch! That looks so painful.

Not sure what the plan is for today other than touristy stuff.

hog4life

Hi Lily, that looks painful.

I am very sore this morning, mostly just the muscles, the Achilles are a little tight too. I hope to slog a few miles later after I take care of some things around the house.

Cyberic

That's a unique campaign poster.... lol

He won, too! He's our new Prime Minister

LRB

Hi Lily, that looks painful.

I am very sore this morning, mostly just the muscles, the Achilles are a little tight too. I hope to slog a few miles later after I take care of some things around the house.

Glad you made it safe. Good luck with your run, that might hurt. I would give it another couple of days but I understand that everyone is different.

DavePNW

So the last two nights I woke up at around 1AM with some kind of severe allergy thing, and could not get back to sleep till around 4. I am fine when I go to bed, I am fine when I get up in the morning, something happens in the middle of the night. This is actually not an unusual occurrence, but really pisses me off, especially since when it happens it is often multiple nights in a row. Which is makes it tough to get up at early and run. But I did anyway this morning; made worse by the fact that I took Benadryl around 2:00, so was still kind of hung over from it when I got up. I honestly have no memory of hitting the snooze when the alarm went off at 4:45, but somehow got up a few minutes later.

Anyhoo, 7 miles.

Dave

Ric-G

10 miles this morning...soccer practice and dog walks later today...coffee and work fun now...have a good day everyone!

welcome back and heal that heel Lily  - ouch.

marathon pr - 3:16

Little Blue

4 miles run, 2 walked.  It was low 40s to start, first time in tights this fall.  I was a little warm in the sun, comfy in the breezy shade.

Now off to seed lawns.  I sow, I sow, it's off to work I go. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 3 miles along Santa Monica Blvd. Went the wrong way from the hotel, so ran away from the beach. Oh well, still got to run under palm trees on a perfect morning.