Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are easy to please (Read 47 times)

LRB

His coolness is intact. Tell him I said so. Cool

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So cute, injured and all.

onemile, was it super windy?  I get nauseous like that.

Damaris

onemile

His coolness is intact. Tell him I said so. Cool

He is pleased. 

onemile

onemile, was it super windy?  I get nauseous like that.

No actually not windy for once.

bluerun

Super B****

2000 yard swim in 56 minutes after work (that's a 2:50 swim pace).  That is a good swim for me!  But still pretty bad.

Me too.  (Well, 1800.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, I'm sorry about your foot. Your bone density is still low?  You don't take vitamin D or calcium, though?  Mine is low too and I take 2,000 units of vitamin D per day as that runs low too.

I do.  Nothing wrong with my D levels... I take a mega dose, used to be once a week, then it was scaled back to biweekly, now it's been scaled back to once a month.  The crap bone density is my own fault because that's what happens when you starve yourself for a decade.  (You would think I'd learn my lesson and be better about stuffing my face even when I'm depressed and don't feel like it, but you'd be wrong.)

chasing the impossible

workinprogress11

I do.  Nothing wrong with my D levels... I take a mega dose, used to be once a week, then it was scaled back to biweekly, now it's been scaled back to once a month.  The crap bone density is my own fault because that's what happens when you starve yourself for a decade.  (You would think I'd learn my lesson and be better about stuffing my face even when I'm depressed and don't feel like it, but you'd be wrong.)

Ah, ok. I'm sorry to hear that.

workinprogress11

How did you even find the tick to know what it was? That's scary.

It was on the back of my shoulder. Every time I would lean back in a chair or the couch it would hurt. I looked in the mirror but couldn't see very well, but saw there was something there. I had my dad look at it and he said it was a pimple. I had my husband look at it and he said it was a blackhead so I ignored it for a couple of days. Finally when I was up at 2am one night as I often am, I crawled on the bathroom counter so I could see it better. I thought I saw legs. I had my dad look at it again with a magnifying glass and he saw them too. It was off to urgent care from there.

Ick.

LRB

It was on the back of my shoulder. Every time I would lean back in a chair or the couch it would hurt. I looked in the mirror but couldn't see very well, but saw there was something there. I had my dad look at it and he said it was a pimple. I had my husband look at it and he said it was a blackhead so I ignored it for a couple of days. Finally when I was up at 2am one night as I often am, I crawled on the bathroom counter so I could see it better. I thought I saw legs. I had my dad look at it again with a magnifying glass and he saw them too. It was off to urgent care from there.

Ick.

Wow.

DavePNW

Dave

onemile

Ick.

OMG 

Little Blue

Ick.

Blergh.   I've had lots of tick bites, but never one that had to be medically removed.  They're disgusting.

happylily

Ick.

That's the stuff of nightmares. And you seem so matter of fact about it... Were you panicking at time? Did you feel like grabbing a knife to get the tick out?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

GinnyinPA

I've had lots of tick bites, but never one that remained attached that long.  Good thing you got the antibiotics, especially since it was a small one, and thus more likely to be a deer tick.

Love the picture of the cone of shame.  Poor puppy.