Beginners and Beyond

Final countdown FriDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Runshortii

I rolled out of bed and ran 4. 20 degrees with flurries and a windchill of 13. That’ll wake you up

LRB

I'd drive right back home. It's about the same here and I froze my ass walking into work (despite wearing my duck down coat)

What's going on with these temps? This crap came out of nowhere!

I ran 7 in the spare fleece jacket that I keep in my car. The wind cut right through it going out and it got stuffy coming back, but all things considered, it was bearable.

Weather's looking pretty decent in Madison on Sunday!

Dave

onemile

Weather's looking pretty decent in Madison on Sunday!

Yeah I hope I don't freeze my ass off in shorts but I really don't want to wear tights 

Yeah I hope I don't freeze my ass off in shorts but I really don't want to wear tights 

Looks like it will range from ~32-36. I would definitely go with shorts, you will freeze your ass off at the start., but will be fine later. It's about the temps when I ran Detroit. I had shorts & long sleeves; my legs were fine but my arms never really warmed up the whole race. I also wore a throwaway hat & gloves for the first ~5 miles.

MTA: if you were a mid-packer, tights would be fine. But you will be one of the elites at this race, so shorts are a must. 

Dave

delicate flower

so shorts are a must. 

And gloves.  Shorts + gloves = perfect race weather.

<3

LRB

Run really fast to stay warm

Instantaneous tempo run. lol

onemile

It was 28* one year when I ran IMM and I wore compression socks with shorts and was okay

And gloves.  Shorts + gloves = perfect race weather.

That's my plan for tomorrow. I feel bad for my family who's coming out to watch. They are gonna be cold.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

zzyzx

abs, seated dip, hip adduction, chin, horizontal calf, torso rotation, hip abduction...

exercise bike 31 minutes Alpine Pass setting level 12. 12.09 miles. Busy off day.

So, you know how traditionally the worst thing you could get a kid for Christmas is socks? That is literally the best thing anyone could get me. I really like my Feetures, but they get holes in them after a while. It's really the only running-related gear/apparel I ever need to buy (other than shoes of course).

Dave

RunningOnSand

So, you know how traditionally the worst thing you could get a kid for Christmas is socks? That is literally the best thing anyone could get me. I really like my Feetures, but they get holes in them after a while. It's really the only running-related gear/apparel I ever need to buy (other than shoes of course).

are you going to use the RW gift cards to get yourself some new Feetures?

My smartwools are like that (the holes factor). Kind of irks me b/c it's generally less than 100 miles and my toes are poking out (the PhD ones). 

Got my workout in. 6.5 down with some cruise intervals. 

are you going to use the RW gift cards to get yourself some new Feetures?

My smartwools are like that (the holes factor). Kind of irks me b/c it's generally less than 100 miles and my toes are poking out (the PhD ones). 

SmartWools were totally my jam until I finally gave up because the holes showed up so quickly. They are the best in cold/wet conditions.

Features seem to last a bit longer, and I love the fit/comfort. There's only so long you can get by putting the one with the big-toe hole on the other foot. I seem to always get holes on the left foot, even though my right foot is probably the slightly larger one. Weird.

I actually have a few pair in my RW cart but have not yet pulled the trigger.Can someone remind me of the deal with gift cards?

Dave

Cyberic

I now wear mostly cheapo sport socks from Costco

Most more expensive pairs don't really last much longer

Good luck and may the fast be with you JayB and Bread!   I'm really looking forward to your RRs.  Y'all are going to Crush. It.

LRB, you make me laugh so hard.  Sorry about the jacket, but hey, bonus tempo FTW.  I'm all about these leg swings, thanks for the link.

Coast, what did you get injected with?  Cortisone?  I'm actually tempted, my butt cheeks are still pretty painful, and it's now day 3 after that drive.  Normally I'm getting better at this point, not the same/worse.  Stupid butt.  Actually, stupid people that can't keep their hands to themselves and made me have to go there.  I did manage to make the alleged harasser cry.  I've been at this for 11 years, and I think this is the first time I've made someone cry.

Baboon, that is pretty much how my week went.  I screwed up an easy run and made it too fast, so I swapped it for a missed tempo (sick), and called it good.

I feel bad for you all with your frozen tundra weather.  It's a lovely 60 here, but you have to deal with 85% humidity, so pick your poison.  I'm guessing it's still better than what Docket's got, and you can wear all the shorts you like, no gloves necessary.

SRD for me today!  It's Veterans' Day (thanks to everyone here who's a vet, I appreciate you!), so that makes it bring your child to work because there's no school day.  Hubs has girl child, I have boy child.  So far I've been told that my office is the, "funnest place I've ever been," which just goes to show how low this kid's expectations are.  Parenting done right.

Have a great weekend everyone, and good luck racers!!