Beginners and Beyond

Final countdown FriDAILIES (Read 43 times)

SmartWools were totally my jam until I finally gave up because the holes showed up so quickly. They are the best in cold/wet conditions.

Have you tried DarnTough?  They're the most durable I've found (stupid Balegas are so comfy, but they last about 30 seconds), and they are warm but not overly so.  I actually wore them for that 1/2 in hot/swampy conditions, they worked great.

Supposedly they have a lifetime guarantee against holes.  I have one pair that I've had about 5 years and got a hole in one recently.  I'm going to give it a shot and see if they really will replace them.  For $14 socks, it's worth a try!

delicate flower

I now wear mostly cheapo sport socks from Costco

Most more expensive pairs don't really last much longer

Why would you buy cheap socks when you can spend more money on the hobby you love by purchasing more expensive ones?  I am a Balega man myself, not to be confused with a Beluga whale.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 3 at OTF of pure speed (Power Day). It went from

MP to all out, rinse and repeat for 30 minutes. I think I went into the red zone a couple of times. It was awesome!

Damaris

delicate flower

Supposedly they have a lifetime guarantee against holes.  I have one pair that I've had about 5 years and got a hole in one recently.  I'm going to give it a shot and see if they really will replace them.  For $14 socks, it's worth a try!

I did this and it worked!  They even included a couple of Darn Tough stickers.

<3

Have you tried DarnTough?  They're the most durable I've found (stupid Balegas are so comfy, but they last about 30 seconds), and they are warm but not overly so.  I actually wore them for that 1/2 in hot/swampy conditions, they worked great.

I've gotten a few pair of these, but I don't find them the most comfortable. A little less stretchy, which makes them a bit more work to actually put on. Darn tough, I might say! Bending over to put my socks on is the most painful thing I do all day, so I prefer not making it any more difficult than it already is.

I will say that 2 of the 3 pair have remained hole-free, although I suppose it helps that I rarely wear them. In total I have still gotten more wear out of them than other brands. The 3rd pair that did get a hole - think I should check and see if they will replace them with a pair of Feetures?

I have one pair of Balegas and hate them. Maybe I should send them to Baboon. No holes!

Dave

They even included a couple of Darn Tough stickers.

I finally stopped checking the box to get RW free stickers, because WTF do you do with those things.

Dave

Runshortii

So, you know how traditionally the worst thing you could get a kid for Christmas is socks? That is literally the best thing anyone could get me. I really like my Feetures, but they get holes in them after a while. It's really the only running-related gear/apparel I ever need to buy (other than shoes of course).

I love Feetures! Those and Balega.

delicate flower

I finally stopped checking the box to get RW free stickers, because WTF do you do with those things.

It doesn't matter.  They are free.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Just gonna leave this here.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

I brought my stuff with me for a post-work swim but I am having a hard time picturing a scenario in which that gear gets wet today.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol.

Damaris

Cyberic

One person said it was a helpful review

This could be the place I stayed in Springfield near Baboon's office.

MTA: or the place I stayed in downtown Bridgeport.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Got the Dentist done and the temp crown is in place.  Didn't hurt but I always hate the Dentist. Sad It stems from many a fond memories in the chair when I was a kid.  I think my Mom slipped the Dentist a $20.00 one time and told him, " to drill the little bastard without Novocaine"-if I heard right.  Felt like the drill was going through my skull!   I was quite the handful when I was young.

Got my LR in. A balmy 60+ degrees here,  but I still wore compression socks and sweatpants to keep the sauna effect going on my hammy. Went pretty well: 12.04 @ 8:15, 414' gain. Picked up the last three some-7:51,04,02. Coach told me to just do an easy run, but F Him! (as Baboon) would say.

LM: Roll that butt cheek out!

Onemile: Compression socks, shorts, gloves, ski-band, arm sleeves, is my vote.

LRB: I think CY is to blame for your cold snap.

Damaris & ROS nice speed!

I like me CEP compression for race/hard/long, but wear a cotton blend (for cushion and no tongue slide) on easy days. Wal-Mart cheapos. Smile

oldfartrunner

Better than TV crime shows.