Beginners and Beyond

Final countdown FriDAILIES (Read 43 times)

bluerun

Super B****

One person said it was a helpful review

You don't think it's helpful??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I was planning on leaving work at 4 to get a trail run in before it gets dark.  Some dork scheduled a meeting at 4:30.  Screw it.... I'm going to conference in on the run.  ...and let them guess what they're hearing.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

No love for Injinji socks around here?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

No love for Injinji socks around here?

Ha, I have a pair of Injinji toe socks which were given to me as a gift, and remain unopened in the package. If you wear a men's large, they're yours.

Dave

LRB

I was planning on leaving work at 4 to get a trail run in before it gets dark.  Some dork scheduled a meeting at 4:30.  Screw it.... I'm going to conference in on the run.  ...and let them guess what they're hearing.

That's awesome!

Cyberic

Smile Throw in a few  "that's right baby" or other such short sentences in an undertone when someone else is talking. With the breathing, the effect will be nice.

Cyberic

Why would you buy cheap socks when you can spend more money on the hobby you love by purchasing more expensive ones?  I am a Balega man myself, not to be confused with a Beluga whale.

I find Adidas or Fila socks in packs of 3 at Costco are quite comfortable. When they become less comfortable, a hole appears (cheap) so I throw them away and buy new ones. Good quality socks often disappoint me by their comfort or durability. Maybe I need to look harder for a durable comfy brand worth the money.

Cyberic

You don't think it's helpful??

Shit happens.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good evening runners! 20 with real feel of 9 during my run today. 22mph wind from the northwest. Winter conditions all the way. The wind blew leaf piles on the shoulder which mixed with snow and ice. It made for a very lovely running surface lol! 8.3 miles @ 8:24 pace. Making good progress. I’m happy!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.6 in cold. I've barely needed a long sleeve shirt and tonight had to break out the warm tights, hat & gloves. Nothing like easing into winter.

Bluerun, was the hotel in Baltimore?

I have some of the toe socks. I wear them mostly in winter when I layer them under a pair of thin wool socks. I find the thin wool socks wear out pretty quick, but since I layer them, I don't care as much. Other times, I wear Balegas. I've had pretty good luck with them--I think I got them at least 3 years ago and I have only lost 1 sock to a hole.

Good luck JayB, Bread & onemile!

Smile Throw in a few  "that's right baby" or other such short sentences in an undertone when someone else is talking. With the breathing, the effect will be nice.

OMG, this entire exchange wins the internet today.

Runshortii

Good luck onemile, jayb and bread!!

Any recommendations on Chicago hotels? I stayed at the Congress as a teenager years ago... I’m familiar with the city (I’m only an hour and a half away) but don’t stay overnight there frequently

Cyberic

Little girl's soccer practice is cancelled. Was supposed to run during, to pass time. Now I don't feel like going. I think the streak stops at 36 days Smile

Cyberic

In the 50k I ran in June, I placed 9th, about 1 minute behind 8th. I had just passed him about 2 miles from the finish when my calf cramped bad and I had to stop. He passed me and I could not run well after that. Before that I had run for a while with 7th, but about 4 miles out, he was stronger than me and I had to let him go. He finished 2-3 minutes before me. My last stretch was horrible.

Registration has opened for next year, and there's a friendly challenge between the three of us. I say there's no way I will finish last of the three again, and of course 7th thinks he can still finish ahead of us, and 8th is up for the challenge. The only problem with all this fun stuff is that I'd need to race a 50K. Spots are limited to 60, so I need to decide soon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck onemile, jayb and bread!!

Any recommendations on Chicago hotels? I stayed at the Congress as a teenager years ago... I’m familiar with the city (I’m only an hour and a half away) but don’t stay overnight there frequently

I always stay at the Congress. Best for the race to be that close and waking up at the last possible moment.

Damaris