Beginners and Beyond

2014: Good, bad or indifferent? (Read 66 times)

obiebyke

2014 was a journey. A lot of rough stuff, running and otherwise. But man, is it ever ending on a high note. I'll take it.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

LRB

I had a great year.  Not good, but great.

+2

It pains me to no end to say that as I feel as though a lot was left on the table but shit, plenty was eaten as well so yeah, 2014 was a great year for me. Grr.

DavePNW

OK, I was answering the question purely from a running standpoint. I try to mostly keep my life out of the forums, of course everyone's different. I certainly had some pretty shitty life stuff going on, although all I need to do is read one random post by Cecil to make me realize the stuff I'm dealing with could be a whole lot worse. So I suppose the life portion probably qualifies for a "meh" rating.

Dave

LRB

Don't you people have bad stuff happen all the time too? 

During every race it seems. lol

DavePNW

I feel as though a lot was left on the table but shit, plenty was eaten as well

Often I have no idea what you're talking about, but this in fact precisely describes how I feel (about the running part).

Dave

onemile

I don't know, 3:23 sounds pretty effin' great to me. 

I would list all of the reasons why I could have / should have done better. But I'll just sound like an unappreciative brat.

onemile

2014 was shitty in a lot of ways, both running wise and life wise, but I hope it was the set up to a good 2015.  I can't remember the last time I qualified a year as "good."  Does anyone ever have a good year?  Don't you people have bad stuff happen all the time too? 

You definitely have earned a good 2015!  (if only it worked that way)

DavePNW

You definitely have earned a good 2015!  (if only it worked that way)

I wish a great 2015 for everyone, but most especially for Mandy & Oski.

Dave

Hip Redux

I wish a great 2015 for everyone, but most especially for Mandy & Oski.

THANKS!

From a running perspective, 2015 can't possibly be worse.  So onwards and upwards from here.

B-Plus

The first few days were great, then it was all downhill from there.

Baboon

delicate flower

THANKS!

From a running perspective, 2015 can't possibly be worse.  So onwards and upwards from here.

It is already starting to trend in the right direction.

<3

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

DON'T TEMPT THE RUNNING GODS!

Thanks, Dave! 

Running is dumb.

LRB

DON'T TEMPT THE RUNNING GODS!

Right?!  lol

Hip Redux

You'd think I'd have learned by now.  

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It was ok. I was injured for a few weeks but I learned from it, so I guess it was a bad news/good news thing. After running a BQ I was bothered that I missed the cutoff by 25 seconds, but oh well. Running is still fun and with marathon training starting, I will get to eat, a lot. Smile