Beginners and Beyond

What in the hell was that SaturDAILIES?! (Read 45 times)

LRB

An Amber Alert on my cell phone? At 5:00 am? Really?! I have never hear my phone ring so loud or vibrate so hard. I thought I was being run over by a cargo ship, FFS. 

LRB

Anyway, what up doe.

Cyberic

My cell phone's ringer is always off. That says a lot about my relationship with the phone.

Should run 70-75 minutes today.

Made a training Excel sheet yesterday to keep track of my % at MP or faster, and realized tomorrow is 18 weeks before M-Day. I am not where I want to be, but have some time to get there. I couldn't add much to my training right now, as my body is more used to either hard or easy running, and it has to adapt to all this MP stuff at the end of my runs. I need to up my mileage by 10+ mpw by the end of the cycle, and I am considering a bit of lactate threshold running once a week. Maybe 3 miles at T pace (between 10K and HMP) on fridays...

Have a nice Saturday everyone. It is a holiday weekend here, so I get Monday off work.

From the Internet.

3 mile shakeout with 3 strides done! In new shoes (Wave Riders) because I like to live dangerously. On the agenda for the rest of the day: hydrate, pack my race and overnight bags, take kid to soccer, get my first haircut in... 18 months Surprised I wonder if I'll be faster tomorrow if I'm missing about a pound of hair?

LRB

My cell phone's ringer is always off.

So was mine, I am not sure how they did it.

Reading online, some people got four alerts this morning. I certainly hope they find the kid unharmed.

Good luck with your plan. Tempo pace miles mixed with marathon pace miles form the base of my marathon training, not that I am any good at it so take that for what it's worth. lol

delicate flower

Hello now!  I like busy Saturdays where we've got a lot of fun chores to get done.  First order of business was an easy run in the rain this morning.  7 miles at 8:58 pace.  Even for an easy effort that was slow.  It always frustrates me at how much slower I am in the morning.  That's ok though, with a duathlon tomorrow and the fact that it's probably a two hour race, the slow run was good for me today.

First up, a stop at the coffee shop then the grocery store.  ESU, folks.

<3

LRB

3 mile shakeout with 3 strides done! In new shoes (Wave Riders) because I like to live dangerously. On the agenda for the rest of the day: hydrate, pack my race and overnight bags, take kid to soccer, get my first haircut in... 18 months Surprised I wonder if I'll be faster tomorrow if I'm missing about a pound of hair?

Good luck with the haircut, those are always an adventure!

Cyberic

So was mine, I am not sure how they did it.

Reading online, some people got four alerts this morning. I certainly hope they find the kid unharmed.

Good luck with your plan. Tempo pace miles mixed with marathon pace miles form the base of my marathon training, not that I am any good at it so take that for what it's worth. lol

Hmmm, so there's a way to bypass our volume settings. I didn't know that. Hopefully not too many people know how to do it either as that would make the volume setting useless.

My plan will definitely work, it's the results on the big day I'm worried about. Smile

LRB

It always frustrates me at how much slower I am at 6:00 am in the frickin' morning. 

FYP.

You left out an important detail there son.

LRB

I certainly hope they find the kid unharmed.

Kid found, thank God!

He was dropped off somewhere not far from where the incident took place. I am sure it shocked the shit out of the car jacker to get the amber alert while he was driving!

Hip Redux

Kid found, thank God!

He was dropped off somewhere not far from where the incident took place. I am sure it shocked the shit out of the car jacker to get the amber alert while he was driving!

Heh, I've never thought of that but if he was in the area, he totally would have gotten the notice about it lol    I think you can set the phone to not have sound for an emergency alert, as well, but I forgot how I did that.   Or maybe I'm just making that up.  Don't listen to me.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yea, weekend. Upper body weights later. Haircut first.

LRB, if you have Verizon, there are emergency alert settings on your phone. Some you can't turn off, some you can.

Lauren, its been a year since my last haircut. I am hoping that by paying an obscene amount to have it cut by a "curl consultant" that I am happy with it.

StepbyStep-SH

Exciting start to the day in these parts!

SRD because I am taking DS and two of his friends to an open house at a nearby Army base - there will be historical displays, activities, personalized dog tags, and who knows what else. But this functions as his "friends" birthday party. We'll include a picnic lunch and treats, too. I put together a scavenger hunt of things for them to find and take photos of themselves with, which I will then turn into little books he can give his friends at the end of the school year.

It should be fun, I just have to prepare myself for the conversations of third grade boys — ones like when friend E got DS to tell me about something DS had done ... stuck the gun of toy soldier in the end of his penis. Really? I could have gotten by without knowing it, but maybe it's good that his friends think he should tell his mom EVERYTHING.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

It should be fun, I just have to prepare myself for the conversations of third grade boys — ones like when friend E got DS to tell me about something DS had done ... stuck the gun of toy soldier in the end of his penis. Really? I could have gotten by without knowing it, but maybe it's good that his friends think he should tell his mom EVERYTHING.

cjones1

So it was a success and a failure this morning.

Success: 3m warmup run to the track. 6x800 @ 5k pace with a 400m jog recovery. Nailed my paces on all of them within a couple seconds.  3m cooldown jog home.

Failure: stopping in the middle of my cooldown jog at the grocery store to buy a dozen donuts.  I literally jogged a half mile home carrying a box of donuts.  On the bright side, the first one was fantastic.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)