Beginners and Beyond

What I like about Tuesday (Read 51 times)

LRB

Well I'm alive and breathing, let's start with that FFS.

LRB

'Sup.

For the life of me I couldn't get my ridiculous brain to shut off last night. So while my body was asleep, it never really was. Ergo, *I* wasn't. Maybe a run is what the stupid thing needs, and I shall do that shortly...

'Sup?

Well I'm alive and breathing, let's start with that FFS.

+1. 0.

Dave

Little Blue

50 degrees.

Semi-sleepless here, too.  Stomach ache kept me up until 1:00.  Poison ivy on the back of my neck making me crazy.  Otherwise it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood.

I'll go out later for something short.  Hopefully I'll stay awake for the whole run!

StepbyStep-SH

I want to give my legs a bit of a day off, but still need to burn a few calories (down 5 lbs in 4 weeks!). So I will probably do a brisk walk to warm up before my strength training class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Good morning, people in the computer.  Wife and I dragged our butts to the pool for some laps this morning.  I did a swimming speed workout.  1500 yards in 40 minutes (2:39 swim pace).  That is fast for me.  Tonight I've got a 50 minute run.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Feels like 97F here, so similar than blue's weather.

Pilates and 6 TM miles tonight.

Damaris

happylily

I ended up taking my scheduled rest day yesterday, just because sometimes it feels good to say the hell with it. But tonight I have 11 with 5x1200m. Hopefully it will go ok, especially after a day's rest, and with a more reasonable temperature than we've had all summer.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

In the 50s again this morning, loving it.  6.3 done, gonna try to get some more in this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

It's gonna be pretty hot for the rest of the week here (highs of 82 + sunny). I don't mind it as long as it cools down over the weekend as the weather sites predict.

Weather.com now predicts chances of thunder storms on Sunday AM

I'll run some today. Like 5.9, or something.

MTA: By the way, Damaris, the start of the race is on the bridge and it is pretty much always windy there (duh). So even if it seems nice outside your hotel door, it will be chillier on the bridge. You probably know that from all your experience racing, but it doesn't cost me anything to share, just in case.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Chilly, yay!  But, what is this chilly you speak of?  At this point, I don't compute....

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh, I was looking at last year and my last run above 90F was on 10/10/2014.  So, I have another month on the TM, WTF?  And that was a much cooler Summer than this year (I saw one 100F, a bunch in the 90s, but there has not been any 90s here since July!).  Sigh.

Sorry for all this bitching, but I need a tan.

Damaris

Cyberic

Chilly, yay!  But, what is this chilly you speak of?  At this point, I don't compute....

Smile

To me, standing around in 60F temps on the bridge in running gear is chilly.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Smile

To me, standing around in 60F temps on the bridge in running gear is lovely.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got up and ran 5.3 miles this morning on the roads, then headed to the gym for Biceps, Triceps and Chest day.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)