Beginners and Beyond

Ok admit you've skipped a rest day to get a monthly mileage total :) (Read 131 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't consider myself as an old lady but I subscribe to your theory. I have left months at 0.60 of a major milestone and live to tell the tale.  There is always one more month in which you can break your records.  I count my mileage but I really don't pay attention to it either.  I just run and I like it.  When it ceases to be fun, I will find something better to switch to.

Good job Diz.

Me I just don't care about totals or round numbers. When the run  or swim or bike is over according

to that days schedule it's over!LOL

Besides I'm an old lady. I need my rest.Big grin

Damaris

Just B.S.

I don't consider myself as an old lady but I subscribe to your theory. I have left months at 0.60 of a major milestone and live to tell the tale.  There is always one more month in which you can break your records.  I count my mileage but I really don't pay attention to it either.  I just run and I like it.  When it ceases to be fun, I will find something better to switch to.

Well since you are only like 37 I certainly wouldn't consider you an old lady either.

That can wait until you are in the 50-59 AG like me.Big grin

One of the reasons I never join any of  the mileage games is because I don't want to ever

have to keep track of total miles or feel the need to make a certain weekly/monthly mileage

other than that dictated my a marathon schedule. Frankly with running/swimming/cycling,

having kids/pets and regular life it would be just a chore for me to keep track. I don't use

the charts here, or daily mile or any of those tools, guess I just don't really care that much.

I understand why others find that appealing or fun but it's just not my thing. The only reason

i ever know any totals in from my Garmin or when I keep a paper marathon training schedule.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is the only reason I keep my miles, LOL.

My hubby started running in April (end of, I think) and he has not counted his mileage.  I told him he might feel different a year from now, so my Garmin shall serve as part of his record.

He is worse than me so I should expect him to be OCD about mileage soon.

I agree with you.  My life is too busy and fulfilling to worry about much else.  When you have a parent struck in bed or needing $ or an aunt, like you, needing 24/7 care, there are some things more important than mileage.  I get you..

I keep my miles NOW but I have been running since 1998 and I started keeping my miles since 2009 so if I were OCD i would be too stressed by now!

Well since you are only like 37 I certainly wouldn't consider you an old lady either.

That can wait until you are in the 50-59 AG like me.Big grin

One of the reasons I never join any of  the mileage games is because I don't want to ever

have to keep track of total miles or feel the need to make a certain weekly/monthly mileage

other than that dictated my a marathon schedule. Frankly with running/swimming/cycling,

having kids/pets and regular life it would be just a chore for me to keep track.

I understand why others find that appealing or fun but it's just not my thing. The only reason

i ever know any totals in from my Garmin or when I keep a paper marathon training schedule.

Damaris

happylily

It's happened a few times in the past that I ran extra miles to hit a round number, as a "let's if I can do it" type of thing... Can I run 50 mpw? 75? 100? Can I run 150 miles this month? 200? 300? But once I hit the number, then I stop caring about it. Now, I mostly run what my training asks of me, I don't care about rounding up numbers. But I do understand someone wanting to do it, like I used to.

What I do not understand is why you, Dizzy, add your running miles to your swimming miles and your cycling miles. It just seems wrong to the orderly, OCD, me. They are all different and belong in different categories!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

In fact, you should have made your 138 running miles into 150. Your cycling miles should be 300 instead of 259 and your swimming miles 5 instead of 4. So try harder next month, ok? Big grin

sirdizzy

Lily I'm a triathlete not a runner, haven't considered myself a runner in almost a year.  So I have separate and cumulative goals for running, cycling and swimming.  For example my yearly goals for this year is 4000 total miles, I want 1500 running, 2400 cycling and a 100kms swimming ill just let the other 38 miles fall somewhere in there.  This means I want 125 miles running, 200 cycling and 5 miles swimming each month.  Now granted I let those goals fluctuate if I need rest or cutbacks for example I only ran 101 miles in April as I was tapering for my ironman.  So ill pick up the other 24 miles in another month and as I am now in a marathon training cycle ill pick then up in June.

The 259 cycling was my most cycling in a month ever, yes i'll likely go for 300 in a month but was happy with the monthly pr.  I want to try and hit 55-60 miles in a week in this training cycle to break my weekly pr of 50 and I think I want to break my monthly running pr of 165 Probably in July.   My swimming was down for may as I had been doing 7-8 miles leading up to the ironman but I fluctuate as needs be and I was rebuilding my running base as the 138 was my most since last July during marathon training so swimming was down.

i have to balance all 3 as a triathlete and was happy with the 400.  In June I want 150 miles running to put myself back on track for 1500.  And 230 cycling miles so I am at 2000 totals miles half way through the year.  Swimming I'd like to get back up a but maybe 6 miles.

happylily

I was teasing you. :-) It's a lot of physical activity you do and I'm not sure I could do half of it. Rock on, Dizzy. Smile

Village people

One more thing, you guys run 1/4 miles? WTH is wrong with you? Smile

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I would never let that happen.

This. My OCD would never let this happen.

You people have issues 

Village people

This. My OCD would never let this happen.

Smile

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Although I am far less compulsive about my mileage than in treats past this gets a big F Yeah!

You people have issues 

LRB

Thanks to running, a quarter mile is 400 meters to me.  And shit, pretty soon I will be drinking 1.18 liters instead of a fortay!

OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.
                            jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Goonies...what do I win?

**Ask me about streaking**

Village people

Thanks to running, a quarter mile is 400 meters to me.  And shit, pretty soon I will be drinking 1.18 liters instead of a fortay!

Smile I don't know why they mix the two systems. I am trying to get the imperial system down, but intervals keep sending me back to my first love, the metric system.