Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are feeling goood! (Read 39 times)

LRB

That's a great point

You PR'd Boston, is that right? That in and of itself is a feat. Most of the runners I know who've run it (if not all) cannot say that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles and strength training. My day did not start out well with a 6:30am phone call. Fortunately what could have been a really bad situation turned out ok, but still, a very stressful start to the day. At least I did not burn the house down--I took the phone upstairs and forgot to turn off the stove.

LRB

I ran 4 super easy, I have a nasty workout on the schedule tomorrow so today was not the day to be a hero.

I got really pissed at everyone in the world by the time I got to work this morning.  I should never start checking email before I leave the house, nothing good ever comes of it.  By the time I got here, it just proceeded to get worse.  So I started rage working, managed to bill an excellent day, make my boss incredibly happy, and generally kick some ass.  Now it's time to go home, and I'm damn ready.

Omg, checking work emails from certain people before I go in is a recipe for disaster. I finally decided I wouldn't do it anymore after getting a cryptic email from my boss that lacked the most basic information (the what, when, where and why) it got me so cheesed that I forgot to punch in! #ergothereasoniloathehim

LRB

The internet is easily the greatest thing since sliced bread fire the wheel. I had been looking for a song from 5th grade however, that I had been unable to find no matter what combination of words/lyrics I searched. That year (1979 geezus), this song played seemingly every morning before school. It's from the disco era so it sounds pretty lame if you weren't a fan of that, but I found it tonight and I am so happy I could do the splits!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My mom heard that and Funky Town every day.  I remember it!

Damaris

delicate flower

So I started rage working

HA!  This is actually a thing!  And highly effective.

<3

onemile

My mom heard that and Funky Town every day.  I remember it!

you remember hearing it? or you remember your mom hearing it? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

you remember hearing it? or you remember your mom hearing it? 

She played it all over the house when I was 4-5 years old. I remember hearing it and dancing to it.

I should have used the word played, lol.  #badspanishtranslation

Damaris

onemile

She played it all over the house when I was 4-5 years old. I remember hearing it and dancing to it.

I should have used the word played, lol.  #badspanishtranslation

I was picturing your mom hearing it while she was pregnant with you 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was picturing your mom hearing it while she was pregnant with you 

Ha, I bet she heard other stuff while pregnant too! I don't remember that, though, lol.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

You PR'd Boston, is that right? That in and of itself is a feat. Most of the runners I know who've run it (if not all) cannot say that.

I did, by about 10 minutes. But that was my first Pfitz cycle, so a big step up in training. Also when I learned race day conditions (especially the 20+ mph headwind) I decided to just ignore my watch and run by feel. For me, on that day, that worked.

Cyberic

Don't remember that song. Was pretty young during the disco era.