Beginners and Beyond

SunHumidDailies (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Montana is done. I had breathing issues thanks to the elevation but not as bad as Friday. 15 mins slower than I wanted but considering the breathing and the heat, not too bad.  Marathon #48 done.

I posted a bunch of videos to FB and pics. This race had so much stops and stuff it reminded me of Disney, ha.

Damaris

onemile

18 weeks, for the NY Marathon.

looks like we only have 16 weeks to go? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe he is using a Gregorian calendar? 😂😂😂

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, looks like there was a lot to see.

ROS, from yesterday's shoe stuff, it looks like Mizuno runs smaller comparing Euro size to US size, then Brooks & NB are the same, and Adidas are the largest. Makes sense if you wear Brooks and NB that the Adidas wouldn't be as much of a change versus the change from Mizuno to Adidas. Why can't they all just be consistent?

onemile

ROS, from yesterday's shoe stuff, it looks like Mizuno runs smaller comparing Euro size to US size, then Brooks & NB are the same, and Adidas are the largest. Makes sense if you wear Brooks and NB that the Adidas wouldn't be as much of a change versus the change from Mizuno to Adidas. Why can't they all just be consistent?

I held up the ghost to the energy boost to compare and the adidas definitely is a little longer. It doesn't bother me though

onemile

And ROS, I enjoyed the Storyteller as well. Any recommendations? I'm in need of something to listen to and I have 2 audible credits

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Well, a bit confused, yet.  The training plan has 18 weeks.  The first week had only 4 days of training, so I didn't really count it.  Thus, "18" came from the plan, "1" from the way I treated it, and 16 is the correct count down.  I'm just having a mixed up day. 

Wait, only 16 weeks to go?! 

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Montana is done. I had breathing issues thanks to the elevation but not as bad as Friday. 15 mins slower than I wanted but considering the breathing and the heat, not too bad.  Marathon #48 done.

I posted a bunch of videos to FB and pics. This race had so much stops and stuff it reminded me of Disney, ha.

Congratulations!

Runshortii

Docket nice race! Montana is supposed to be beautiful.

glad I’m not the only one who had a miserable run. 12 hot stupid miles done.

onemile

Well, a bit confused, yet.  The training plan has 18 weeks.  The first week had only 4 days of training, so I didn't really count it.  Thus, "18" came from the plan, "1" from the way I treated it, and 16 is the correct count down.  I'm just having a mixed up day. 

Wait, only 16 weeks to go?! 

I don't consider myself marathon training yet... not til I start doing marathon specific workouts.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I don't consider myself marathon training yet... not til I start doing marathon specific workouts.

I consider myself a novice at marathons, so my training starts when I begin following a plan.  I know others have success with shorter plans or ad-libbing.  I prefer having a schedule. It's just what works for me.  When does your marathon training start?

LRB

I consider myself a novice at marathons, so my training starts when I begin following a plan.  I know others have success with shorter plans or ad-libbing.  I prefer having a schedule. It's just what works for me.  When does your marathon training start?

No one is judging you, we just like to talk about it all. Everything is good. We're all doing our own thing.

I personally could use a fall marathon to give my runs some purpose. Alas, a half marathon will have to do.

onemile

actually it's just that I get my schedule a week at a time so I really don't know! 

Cyberic

Following a plan is a great way to prepare for a marathon. I definitely think that. I'm pretty sure most people do. Some prefer to do their own thing, and others to get coached. There's nothing wrong with any approach.

onemile

No one is judging you, we just like to talk about it all. Everything is good. We're all doing our own thing.

I personally could use a fall marathon to give my runs some purpose. Alas, a half marathon will have to do.

I did Higdon, then Hansons 2x and then a Mcmillan plan. Nothing against plans at all!  And now I'm using this coach (cue for everyone to chime in how dumb that is)