Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are for the wetass. (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

OK, I'll allow it. In fairness, I am probably drinking stout tonight, but American not Irish, because it's better. And Scotch whisky > Irish whiskey. We do have Bailey's at home, so maybe I'll hit that.

Ooh, we do have Bailey's here.  #wehaveeverything

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I want it if it's a dirty martini and green from the olive juice. I do not want it if it's some kind of neon green appletini or some such nonsense.

Nope.  It is actually a Green Apple Martini.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Shortii - congratulations on the win. That really is the most important part.

BlueRun - good luck tomorrow.

My plan calls for a race -- 8k to 15k -- but there aren't any of those around here so I just went for a fast tempo run. I did  a total of 10.3 miles, with 6 at close to 10k pace.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.6 slow and cold miles. I have a chocolate cupcake with Irish Stout in the cake and Baileys in the icing.

Runshortii, congrats on the win!

Ginny, there was an 8k in Hagerstown today as part of their Stuff Patrick's Run fest.

RunningOnSand

I want it if it's a dirty martini and green from the olive juice. I do not want it if it's some kind of neon green appletini or some such nonsense.

+1

RunningOnSand

Shortii, that's a damn nice time. congrats on the win and on the race!

LM, aren't you doing your FM today or tomorrow?

Blue, GL on your race, too!

Regarding drinking, I'm drinking red wine. Clos du Bois. A cab. Yum. And I ran 6. But I think the week of consistent wine is catching up with my girlish figure. 

onemile

Congrats Runshortii!

Coastal

Runshortii:  Congrats on the victory!

Pretty much not doing the St. Patty's thing until tomorrow.  GF's kids (grown kids) aren't going to be around today so it'll be dinner tomorrow.  I know corned beef isn't really Irish, but hey, it's good.    Plus, everything she cooks comes out great.

ZZY:  Were you running stairs today?

HC:  Sounds like a damn good cupcake.

Baboon:  Headwinds just plain suck.

Got in 4 on the TM.  Did full leg workout.  It's funny how the other day I struggled with the leg and hip work, and today it felt easy.

KCRuns

Congrats Runshortii! That is awesome!

And good luck to our racers tomorrow!

18 slow cold wet miles. Weather ran the full gamut today, started with rain, the progressed through sleet, snow and tiny hail (which hurt like hell on the face). I think I’m still feeling last Saturday’s elevation gain as I felt like I was running through molasses today. But got it done.

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats, Shortii!

blue - Enjoy the half tomorrow.  I may run by CP to check it out.  You haven't checked in yet, so I hope you're not at some Irish bar downing Guinness for hydration.

I’m a terrible runner so... nope, I hate beer.   (My race prep consisted of obtaining throwaway layers and worrying about my hip, which I hope is not broken.  I don’t even know which shoes I’m wearing.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Shortii!

I’m a terrible runner so... nope, I hate beer.   (My race prep consisted of obtaining throwaway layers and worrying about my hip, which I hope is not broken.  I don’t even know which shoes I’m wearing.)

Wait, you have not chosen your shoes yet???? 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Wait, you have not chosen your shoes yet???? 

No... I’m not planning to race it and so many things hurt anyway, I figure it doesn’t matter 🤷🏻‍♀️

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

No... I’m not planning to race it and so many things hurt anyway, I figure it doesn’t matter 🤷🏻‍♀️

Choose blue shoes then!   Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page