Beginners and Beyond

Absentee Ballot TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Early voting in Indiana started October 12, my household went and voted October 13. I've only voted twice now, seems easy enough. No paper ballots, just those weird computer box thingies.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Morning all, this week has started out rough... Monday ended up being a rest day, hopefully I can make up for it tomorrow.

This morning I hit the track for intervals of 8x400m at or near 5k pace with 90 sec recoveries.

1:38, 1:41, 1:42, 1:40, 1:45, 1:45, 1:44, 1:43.

The paces for each interval were:

6:33, 6:45, 6:49, 6:42, 7:04, 7:01, 6:59, 6:55.

Thank you for such a clean and concise post that requires no effort to understand. Your friends on Daily Mile must have degrees in rocket science to decipher that other crap, er um, stats.

LRB

I'm not sure what I am going to do about getting the run in....

I ended up calling in late to run to get it over with, this way, it's done and out of the way and not hanging over my head.

LRB

I updated Garmin Express on my tablet in the hopes that whatever wonkiness my watch is experiencing will be taken care of. It seems as though the distance is off so that's one thing, the other is that the paces were jumping like 30 seconds apart the other day. That could be something normal with it but I wouldn't know as I have never really looked at it while running since I bought it in July of 2015.

onemile

Thank you for such a clean and concise post that requires no effort to understand. Your friends on Daily Mile must have degrees in rocket science to decipher that other crap, er um, stats.

people still use daily mile?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do, just another way of logging mileage 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are a smartass, I'm still new to this interval cap and then having to post details because I'm proud of my progress 

PRs

LRB

I had to google it. lol

Speaking of relics, it had been forever since I've been on athlinks, mostly cause they sucked. But I was on there recently and they have made some huge improvements to the site. Like all of my races where there and even the placements and times. I was pretty impressed.

onemile

You are a smartass, I'm still new to this interval cap and then having to post details because I'm proud of my progress 

LRB's revision to your post still included the details except the paces of the recoveries, which, if you are proud of, you are doing it wrong...

LRB

Exactly, and we want to laud you for your progress, which is precisely why I have mentioned like four times now that you really only need to post the split times and/or paces, along with a description of the workout. Doing so makes it simpler for us to read and understand.

If you paid a modicum of attention to the shit I say, you would've caught on by now.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB's revision to your post still included the details except the paces of the recoveries, which, if you are proud of, you are doing it wrong...

I didn't say I was doing it right, I said I'm still new and trying to figure it  out.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Exactly, and we want to laud you for your progress, which is precisely why I have mentioned like four times now that you really only need to post the split times and/or paces, along with a description of the workout. Doing so makes it simpler for us to read and understand.

If you paid a modicum of attention to the shit I say, you would've caught on by now.

I see lots of words, and my ADD kicks in.....

PRs

Cyberic

Here's an example Smile

Today I ran 8 x 45 seconds very hard, with the same distance at a recovery jog (thus, more time).

Paces were 5:15, 5:35, 5:35, 5:25, 5:25, 5:15, 5:15, 5:15

4.75 miles total.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmmm... I'll probably forget by next Tuesday (my weekly interval/speed session), but I promise I'll try to remember.....

PRs

Zelanie

We voted last Friday. Got out the ol voters guide as a family and read through it together.

Tonight I have 2 x 3 @ MP -10 seconds. I realized last night that last week I actually ran this week's workout (no wonder it felt hard), but I think I'll stay a week ahead on Tuesdays. Then on the last week I can run my MP run on Tuesday and run easy on Thursday that week to start taper 2 days sooner.