Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 18 times)

DavePNW

Decided to finally pull the trigger and registered for my half in 2 weeks. I’ve been kind of dithering because I’m still a little concerned about my hip pain coming back, plus my recent workouts have not suggested I’m in racing shape. But they could fill up, and they do allow deferral/transfer. Mainly I’m itching to race for the first time this year, and test out where I’m at. It’s a flat course, and it’ll be 7 weeks to marathon at that point. I registered with no shirt, no medal, and 10% discount from a race company ambassador in my running group; it was still $100. FFS. At least I got in before another price increase hits next week!

Anyway, I’ll go out and run 7 or 8 a bit later.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I ran 7 easy miles this morning, giving me 60 miles for the week.  I was figuring this would be a 40 mile week based on work/life/training schedule, so I am happy I got that many miles in.  That's my fourth 60+ mile week in a row and I should breeze past that this week.  My body is handling it just fine, which I credit on actually running my easy miles easy, which is a new concept to me.   

Decided to finally pull the trigger and registered for my half in 2 weeks.

Even if you can't give it your all, running a HM at training pace is a great way to get in a LR during marathon training, at least for me.  I know you're typically not a big fan of doing at race at less than full effort though.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Whiskers, michaelmarty ran a 1:17 HM, so we don't have to worry about that race point.  

<3

sdWhiskers

Whiskers, michaelmarty ran a 1:17 HM, so we don't have to worry about that race point.  

LOL

sdWhiskers

RD for me.

I'm sitting at a park while Kid works on hitting and fielding baseball drills. Surrounded by the smell of pot  Can't go anywhere without it.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I was thinking about 5 or 6 six miles for today, but my son offered to run as far as three miles with me (usually he goes 2), so I decided to shorten my goal in order to enjoy a complete run with my son.  Even with that, I had my biggest weekly mileage total since last fall's marathon.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles this morning. I picked the hilly route, so kind of rough n spots.

LOL on the HM race point. In  had to explain to someone on my team more than once last year in the playoffs that while yes, you are running CIM, the individual race point is likelty going to michaelmarty. I think it finally sunk in when I said look, find him at CIM, if you beat him, you'll get the individual point. "But he's running 5:55 miles". Exactly. MM did not do CIM, it was a different full, but he easily got the race point.

Baboon, congrats on the strong race yesterday. Did you get any swag for the AG placement?

DavePNW, I need to register for a March HM. I told my co-captain I'd do it back in December. $100 with no swag seems crazy high. I think this one is $75 now and you get a hoodie & medal.

sdWhiskers, my personal favorite is the smelling of pot from a moving vehicle. That gives me a warm & fuzzy feeling about how sober people are while driving.

Fred, nice miles for the week.

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon, congrats on the strong race yesterday. Did you get any swag for the AG placement?

No frills race, so no prizes...not even for the the OA winners.

<3

DavePNW

8 windy miles, giving me 65 for the week, highest for the year.

Here’s michaelmarty and me at Chicago—we were in the same corral! Of course he was pacing. 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice pic, Dave!  He seems like a nice guy based on his forum posts...friendly and humble.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My March 10 half is $40.  $60 for race-day registration.  It's an outlier, though.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

Nice pic, Dave!  He seems like a nice guy based on his forum posts...friendly and humble.

He is indeed. When I posted somewhere else that I was running Chicago, he PM’d me unprompted with all kinds of helpful advice.  And incidentally—as if his times aren’t impressive enough for any age, he’s mid-upper 40s.

Dave

DavePNW

Well in terms of exercising my credit card today, that half was only a 200m interval compared to the 100-miler shortly thereafter. Our 30th anniversary is this year, and we finally settled on a vacation to commemorate. We booked a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise to Mexico in May, with stops in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. We’ve been on two cruises before, and really enjoyed them. Plus it’s pretty easy travel planning for lazy people like us. We’re pretty psyched.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am supposed to run 6 but I had food poisoning that kept me up all night, so I doubt I'll run today. Sigh.

Damaris