Beginners and Beyond

Monumental Saturdailies (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

And speaking of finishes, the Docket has marathon #51 in the books.

Like LPB said.

Congrats on #51, D!

Cyberic

I ran 20. RRP ran 15 of them with me. I wished I could have stopped at 15 . Oh well.

You should have run the last 15 with him. Nice job! 

DavePNW

Congrats D & FS!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Everything is threatening to seize up lol.... I don't think i felt this banged up during my other 3 marathons, even the two trail ones.

So yep, I earned that one.

Oh and the half mile walk back to the hotel was very challenging, thank God for elevators 😂

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

You should have run the last 15 with him. Nice job! 

The problem is, he always ends up running more than he thinks he will   he originally was gonna do 12. Then 14 and it ended up being 15.

LRB

The problem is, he always ends up running more than he thinks he will   he originally was gonna do 12. Then 14 and it ended up being 15.

lol

Cyberic

At the store with the woman. She's shopping for winter gear. A woman is in front of the mirror trying winter coats, looking at herself forever, combing her hair with her fingers, talking to the poor seller.

Oh god, she just asked for another mirror to see herself in the back too. She better buy something.

DavePNW

Well that would never ever happen, but I slept like a rock last night - from about 8:30-3:30, without even waking up at any point in the middle, which is the most amazing part. Pretty sad when you feel good about waking up at 3:30 on a Saturday morning, but I’ll take it. It was kind of make-up sleep, since the previous night I slept from 9-11 and 2-4.

Topped off my solid night’s sleep with a brief mid-morning nap. Too much sleep apparently; my run sucked. A 6 mile slog, in a drizzle.

Dave

sdWhiskers

You Can Do It!

Its currently 88 degrees here. It better be cooler tomorrow ffs.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations FS and DR.

SDwhiskers - what's the forecast?

I ran 7 in the hilly neighborhood  (517' elevation gain). I was cold, so I pushed the pace, doing strides alternating uphill and downhill. It was a good run, but a hard one.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  I had a bad day and felt like I couldn’t even run faster than I did but ran the first 7 with a friend which made the first half flew by. Took my time and finished well. And after I crossed the finish line, my BFF Deena Kastor gave me a hug. Hubby asked if next time she will give me her number. 😂😂😂

I wanted to beat my Chicago time but today was not that day. 12 mins slower than Chicago for how I was feeling? i’ll take it. 

Congrats, Andrea!!

Damaris

LRB

Hi!  I had a bad day and felt like I couldn’t even run faster than I did but ran the first 7 with a friend which made the first half flew by. Took my time and finished well. And after I crossed the finish line, my BFF Deena Kastor gave me a hug. Hubby asked if next time she will give me her number. 😂😂😂

I wanted to beat my Chicago time but today was not that day. 12 mins slower than Chicago for how I was feeling? i’ll take it. 

Congrats, Andrea!!

And your umperitheenth medal. 👍

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats, Andrea!!

Where were you! After Wave 3, the volunteers with the Wave 4 and 5 were nowhere to be seen, I didn't even see the 4:30 pace group til mile 6, I wanted to start ahead of them but only saw the 4:20 sign and that was it. Oiy, oh well 🙂

Congrats to you as well!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Where were you! After Wave 3, the volunteers with the Wave 4 and 5 were nowhere to be seen, I didn't even see the 4:30 pace group til mile 6, I wanted to start ahead of them but only saw the 4:20 sign and that was it. Oiy, oh well 🙂

Congrats to you as well!

The 4:30 pacer was at Wave 4, where I was.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And your umperitheenth medal. 👍

That too!

Damaris