Beginners and Beyond

Keep your cool WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

6+ miles with hill intervals, 4x 2:30 uphill and 4 x 1 minute uphill.

Nice!

On the subject of effort on hill repeats; how does it differ for you on intervals and sprints?

Cyberic

Nice!

On the subject of effort on hill repeats; how does it differ for you on intervals and sprints?

Yeah, I did some hill repeats when I started running, but it's been too long. I'm interested in your answer.

Holy shitballs, my shoes are listed!  THANK YOU, JAY!  So $32 for my $140 shoes.  Rock n Roll.  And don't forget to add your free shopping bag to the cart!  DAVEP, I'm looking in your direction.

Two shoe purchases, forgot both times. Then I bought some socks & remembered, but not eligible.

BTW. Ran 6 miles outside at lunchtime today. Beautiful out. Tracked by Strava on iPhone in SpiBelt. Like I'm back in the dark ages. So no idea of pace till i was done. Yet ended up around 8:30, 30-45 sec faster than easy. The knee, meh.

The Garmin has now actually managed to somehow get unfrozen. Which it has done a few times only to freeze up again. Just tried to find a satellite, took forever, but it did. We'll see what happens. Purchase of 220 now on hold.

Dave

LRB

Yet ended up around 8:30, 30-45 sec faster than easy.

That's awesome! Are you going to try back to back runs this weekend?

Cyberic

Dave, how old is (or should I say was) your 210?

That's awesome! Are you going to try back to back runs this weekend?

Thinking about it. (So bold!) I'm sure I was faster because it was midday rather than early AM, and mainly the 2 days off. When I was "training" for my first marathon, every run was at 8:30. Three days a week.

Cy, my Garmin dates from Xmas 2012.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles done.  It was 84F, so I lost 4lbs.  Yay me. 

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice!

I've been very loosely following a half marathon plan from Brad Hudson's Run Faster from the 5k to the Marathon.  The hill sprints, which I have neglected due to be on the treadmill for much of the last month, are really short, 8-12 second (6-10 reps) He also has longer intervals, ranging from 1-3 minutes on hills but at a 5k effort. I added the 1 minute because instead of jogging down the same hill, I was doing a short loop and it just seemed logical to add in the second hill. Hill 1 was about 2:40 to get up, hill 2 took about a minute.

I haven't fully digested everything in the book, I'm guilty of skimming & jumping to the training plans, but the idea is you can do longer hill intervals as a ease into speedwork. The focus on hills was interesting to me, there is nothing flat, so it seemed like something interesting to try.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thinking about it. (So bold!) I'm sure I was faster because it was midday rather than early AM, and mainly the 2 days off. When I was "training" for my first marathon, every run was at 8:30. Three days a week.

Cy, my Garmin dates from Xmas 2012.

That's a new Garmin. I got my 405 in April 2011. Aside from taking 5 minutes to connect to a satellite today, it usually has no issues. knocks on wood....

LRB

That's all fluid as you know. Make sure you get it back by morning.

Cyberic

The focus on hills was interesting to me, there is nothing flat, so it seemed like something interesting to try.

I think it is a good idea to use your environment and create your workout around it.

LRB

I think it is a good idea to use your environment and create your workout around it.

Word.

outoftheblue

And yet you are still running strong and hitting your paces.   I'm getting excited for you about Paris.  Have you started picking out your race-day outfit yet?

For me, another treadmill run, although I threw a little bit of speed work into the mix today.  8.55 miles, with 4+ at GMP.

Life is good.

20 done at easy pace.  My driveway and gutters are now both entirely ice free and I heard (but did not see) a robin.  *Happy dance*.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You probably cannot tell from the pic but believe me when I tell you they are every bit of pink.

I have a good friend who often wears pink shoes. But then he also wears a pink tutu.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.