Beginners and Beyond

Be yourself WednesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Hip Redux

It was hot and humid for my run, screw all y'all and your fancy numbers.

I also ran up and down some hills, so take that into consideration.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was hot and humid for my run, screw all y'all and your fancy numbers.

I also ran up and down some hills, so take that into consideration.

Lol.

I think I spoil myself.... I like my house between 65-69 degrees, so stepping outside during 80 degrees or more, humidity 90% and up is a shock to my spoiled system.  

And all my runs consist of hills.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

In less than 6 months we can go from 90-100 degrees to -12 degrees, while Florida hardly ever goes below 75 degrees. Some can acclimate quickly, it takes me just about all summer to get used to this crap and then boom we're back in winter.

I will never get comfortable in heat, what is merely warm to some people is an inferno to me. I am miserable in that shit.

The pic below is from a half marathon last year, and if it looks like I am burning up while sweating profusely near mile 10 it is because I am. Why is that significant you ask? It was 27 flippin' degrees outside!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not everyone is the same, some handle things better than others while others can't stand even a minor change in weather conditions (hot or cold, dry or muggy). Some who live in conditions worse than mine 365 days a year will never feel that the conditions in my area during summer are bad at all while I can't stand not being able to see because of all the sweat pouring into my eyes, and feeling like the air weighs a ton and is warm.

If it's true about having to acclimate, then it's tough for people who live in areas that actually have 4 seasons, or hell... a winter and a summer unlike people down in Florida who barely notice unless they look at the calendar. In less than 6 months we can go from 90-100 degrees to -12 degrees, while Florida hardly ever goes below 75 degrees. Some can acclimate quickly, it takes me just about all summer to get used to this crap and then boom we're back in winter. A Treadmill is out of the question for me, as long as our basement is being inhabited for the next year and a half AND the gyms like to have the temperature at 75-80 degrees and only a couple of fans... yeah I'll take the outside with what tiny bit of wind I can get, at least it makes sense that I am sweating like a freaking snowman in summer when I'm outside, rather than sweating that badly on a treadmill inside. People probably wondered what was wrong with me 

Plus, try telling Rocky that this isn't considered oppressive and I bet if he had a middle finger he could use, you and those "experts" would be seeing it 

Again, this relates to charts provided by the weather agencies, not my position.  And it relates to the effect on the body, not what you think you are feeling.  I am talking about absolute dewpoint numbers.  Sheesh.  People do not fucking read?

Damaris

Hip Redux

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  Good.  Then stop complaining about the humidity. 

Damaris

Why is that significant you ask? It was 27 flippin' degrees outside!

Daaaamn.  27 degrees, and I'm in a hat and gloves for the duration.

The mile was miled in 4:57 tonight.  I wanted to be about 5 seconds faster, but sub-5 is ok.  Also, runners as a whole are sort of awesome.  Happy, happy, happy.

LRB

Got an email from Garmin which read in part:

"It appears you may have left some items in your shopping cart while browsing Garmin. 

Complete your purchase today and also receive Free Shipping on orders over $199." 

Can you say Amazon bitches, boosh!

Hip Redux

Daaaamn.  27 degrees, and I'm in a hat and gloves for the duration.

The mile was miled in 4:57 tonight.  I wanted to be about 5 seconds faster, but sub-5 is ok.  Also, runners as a whole are sort of awesome.  Happy, happy, happy.

Sweet!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got an email from Garmin which read in part:

"It appears you may have left some items in your shopping cart while browsing Garmin. 

Complete your purchase today and also receive Free Shipping on orders over $199." 

Can you say Amazon bitches, boosh!

Free Shipping!  A win!

Jay, nice mile!  Speedy!

Damaris

LRB

The mile was miled in 4:57 tonight.

Not bad considering the million mile march you ran this spring. You'll be ready next month, book it!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I waited until 7 for it to cool off. Um, no. Or maybe it was cooler, but it was even more humid. 6 miles. Intervals of 6-5-4-3-2-1 minutes. First 2 a little slower than 10k pace, 2nd 2 at 5k pace or at least the 1st 2 miles of a 5k pace, last 2 faster than 5k pace.

Jay, nice race.

Baboon, nice triathlon. Did you have the wisdom teeth removed while awake?  I made sure I was out for that.

LRB, 27 degrees is hat, gloves and double layers of everything. And I still freeze.

LRB

LRB, 27 degrees is hat, gloves and double layers of everything.

Me too, when I'm not running.

Little Blue

The mile was miled in 4:57 tonight. 

Daaaaamm ....

And yeah, 27 degrees requires multiple layers.  Multiples.  Many.  No, more than that.

B-Plus

Congrats Jay!

My track workout was brutal. I'm gonna eat now. Peace out.