Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES rise and shine and rainbows and unicorns! (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am still recovering from a month of getting my ass kicked but it is getting better thanks.  lol

Some dumb ass driver cut me off about a quarter mile in and I ran about the next 5 minutes or so with my Garmin on pause before I realized it.  Luckily I know that route pretty well so was able to adjust on the fly and do the requisite miles.

Stupid ass driver, ya feel like a man because you beat me to the spot do ya?  Yo momma still ugly and yo daddy too. 

I had a similar encounter with an asshole that ran the light.  I spoke to him in Spanish so he could understand all the insults I hurled at him.

Damaris

LRB

And what kind of look does an Italian give you when you ask for decaf?

Fuggedaboutit!

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi runninggirl!!!  

My LR is complete.  21 miles at 8:05 pace with zero miles at GMP.  I made it a point this week to tire my legs out before the LR, so I'm really happy with my effort today.  Good pace and steady throughout the run with no fade.  And I am now TIRED.  20 milers on back to back Saturdays isn't ideal, but the alternative was to go four weeks between LR's and that shit wasn't going to happen.  This run was a nice confidence boost since I was tired going into it.  My 8:21 PR pace is history.

<3

Cyberic

Thanks all. Was weird to stop my run after less than 5 miles, but I'm thinking it might pay off tomorrow.

Lily, I think tomorrow should be like today, weather-wise, and it's going to be too warm for my taste. But I'm not complaining here, just saying that it will not be ideal for me. But I'll go all out, and am not changing my A-Goal.

B+, of course I'll kill it! Or it will kill me. Something is going to die tomorrow.

outoftheblue

I'm going to try to get a few recovery miles in this morning.  My Mom is out visiting for the weekend, so I need to get them done pronto so I can do some lunch and shopping with her.  Which probably mens heading back to the TM again.  I'm sick of the TM.  My goal next week is to get my butt over the park at least twice, so I can run outside.

Life is good.

happylily

Cy, as long as it's not too humid, you should be ok. During a race, we dwell less on the temperature than during a training run. The best thing for you guys tomorrow would be if the sky was covered with clouds. But if it's like today, it will be very sunny. Wear short shorts! That'll keep you cool. 

10 miles done, 1:15:59, 7:37 steady state pace. I'm going back for a little easy run after this short hydration break. I'm trying to pack many missed runs into this one weekend. At least I'm an expert at that, if at nothing else.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

What is up with all these "I slept in this morning" posts? Screw you. I was up at 4 a.m. to run 21 miles a hell of a lot slower than Phil did. But I got a friend through her long run. Even though the rest of us in the group know she is capable of it, she didn't. And since everyone else is tapering for a marathon next weekend and hers isn't until the 19th (and I'm not training for anything), I did a good deed and met her early to get through the full distance.

I really feel like I ought to find a fall race, if only my family's schedule allowed for it. My last four weekends have had runs of 18, 20, 20 and now 21 miles. My next race? Maybe a 5k  the weekend before Thanksgiving. Which I might do with my 8-year-old. Think I'll be ready?

Anyway, time for coffee, shower, then an afternoon and evening out with the in-laws, kids and all, with dinner at a very, very nice place. I'm keeping my fingers crossed DS and his cousins are on their best behavior!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

What is up with all these "I slept in this morning" posts? Screw you. I was up at 4 a.m. to run 21 miles a hell of a lot slower than Phil did. But I got a friend through her long run. Even though the rest of us in the group know she is capable of it, she didn't. And since everyone else is tapering for a marathon next weekend and hers isn't until the 19th (and I'm not training for anything), I did a good deed and met her early to get through the full distance.

I really feel like I ought to find a fall race, if only my family's schedule allowed for it. My last four weekends have had runs of 18, 20, 20 and now 21 miles. My next race? Maybe a 5k  the weekend before Thanksgiving. Which I might do with my 8-year-old. Think I'll be ready?

Anyway, time for coffee, shower, then an afternoon and evening out with the in-laws, kids and all, with dinner at a very, very nice place. I'm keeping my fingers crossed DS and his cousins are on their best behavior!

Just make sure you have a good taper.

And what with you telling everyone to screw themselves, I think it's you I'd be worried about at the restaurant.

Dave

Ric-G

cool!

I had a similar encounter with an asshole that ran the light.  I spoke to him in Spanish so he could understand all the insults I hurled at him.

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

oh and i ran 12 miles this morning which i will reverse by now eating biscuits and gravy...nice. anyway, have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

StepbyStep-SH

Just make sure you have a good taper.

And what with you telling everyone to screw themselves, I think it's you I'd be worried about at the restaurant.

Maybe I'll start taper now. 6 weeks ought to do it.

And you may be right. I will try to be a good girl and just quietly in the corner smiling and sipping my wine.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

In the 6 or 7 years that I've known Shari, I don't think I remember her ever swearing or saying screw you to anyone. With all those LRs she's been doing, I think she's full of adrenaline and ready to kick ass. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Four easy miles for me and Rocky,  Dorian enjoyed the stroller.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

oh and i ran 12 miles this morning which i will reverse by now eating biscuits and gravy...nice. anyway, have a great day all!

I used to make a mean vat of sausage gravy!  I have not made it in years....probably 5 or more.  Ah, the good old days.  Smile

LRB

At least I'm an expert at that, if at nothing else.

And self-deprecation.  lol

You are doing fine lily!

Kudos to all the 20+ mile runs!

How about a half marathon Step?  You would probably cream it!

Good luck getting on the pavement next week Blue.  There will be plenty of time for the treadmill for us northern folk in the coming months if it makes you feel any better...probably not.  lol