Beginners and Beyond

Hello-o? It's FRIDAY?? Dailies, anyone? (Read 43 times)

happylily

Yay!!! Wednesday I was all kinds of depressed because my knee hurt - like "I can't run on this" not just "I probably shouldn't run on this" kind of hurt.
    Today? 10.5 miles of 4 min run/1 min walk (2 hours) and just a couple of little twinges!! It's a little stiff now, but no pain. Smile

I'm just a little happy about this.

Excellent news, Shari. I'm happy for you.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 for me.  Been playing with the puppy.  He is very smart and learning extremely fast.  The amount he has learned in a week is amazing.  He knows sit, catching on to down (to lay down), if we say time to go potty he goes to the back door and sits to wait to be let out, he is sleeping all night, knows if we are outside and say house he runs to the back door, and many other things.  I'm super impressed.

Marjorie

LRB

Yay!!! Wednesday I was all kinds of depressed because my knee hurt - like "I can't run on this" not just "I probably shouldn't run on this" kind of hurt.
        Today? 10.5 miles of 4 min run/1 min walk (2 hours) and just a couple of little twinges!! It's a little stiff now, but no pain. Smile

I'm just a little happy about this.

Awesome!

LRB

4.2 for me.  Been playing with the puppy.  He is very smart and learning extremely fast.  The amount he has learned in a week is amazing.  He knows sit, catching on to down (to lay down), if we say time to go potty he goes to the back door and sits to wait to be let out, he is sleeping all night, knows if we are outside and say house he runs to the back door, and many other things.  I'm super impressed.

I WANT THAT PUP!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great news, Shari!

Damaris

DavePNW

I will not be racing the mile but may come out to say hi before your race.

What's the start time?

Long way to come if you're not racing! 10k start is 8:00 IIRC. Feel free to do yourself a favor - sleep in & see me after the finish. Probably be more talkative then anyway. Smile

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I must have missed it... What kind did you get?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian, Rocky and I had a pleasant 4 mile run and then a 1 mile walk earlier today. I got my stability ball chair thingy in and put it together, the chair is definitely cheaply made but it feels a lot better than a regular chair. Of course I am sure Dorian will be wanting the ball instead of me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

Hi virtual people!  I am engaging in a girls' weekend at the beach with my friend.  We're sitting on the veranda, enjoying the sunshine, 73 degrees, and the 3/4 bottle of Prosecco that someone left in the fridge.  It spoils, you know, so we're just doing a service by drinking it.  It's 2:00 and I'm well on my way to loopy.

Shari, good news and happy birthday!

Everyone have a good holiday weekend.

Singer who runs a smidge

You realize he's just acting like the golden child now, so that when he's got you good and snowed he can raise holy mayhem and blame it on the other two!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

StepbyStep-SH

90 minute massage = pour me out the door to my car, hoping I get home without falling asleep. Ahhhh.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

I ran!  7 miles.  Easy effort with about 10 strides randomly thrown in.  My legs finally feel pre-marathony again.   That duathlon last Sunday took more out of me than I expected.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

My 4 day weekend has started. Ah.....I did not feel like running after work, I could have easily fallen asleep on the couch. But I drug myself out of the house for 6 miles, felt pretty good.

Step, yay for the knee cooperating!

Marjorie, that's impressive that your pup has learned so much.  I don't think I ever got my last dog to learn to lay down, unless there were cheeseballs involved.

delicate flower

Bought my Memorial Day weekend celebration supplies.

<3

workinprogress11

Excellent news, Shari. I'm happy for you.

+1

5 easy for me. I'm contemplating jumping into a 5k tomorrow to try out my new age group.