Beginners and Beyond

The last MonDAILIES this month (Read 32 times)

onemile

It is pretty big on your wrist. Not that it is TOO big, what I mean is that I thought the "S" was smaller than that.

I have pretty small wrists. I have the strap tightened just one notch up from the smallest it will go

onemile

Your form is as good as the logo that appears beneath it. 

This is an anomaly

onemile

We are still waiting to hear from SIAR and his 100 mile race, but according to his log, he had himself a good race.  Smile

I was wondering about that this morning

onemile

I ran 8. 

Cyberic

Your form is as good as the logo that appears beneath it. 

I had not noticed that. Arms are almost exactly the same. Legs are pretty darn close, too.

onemile

I had not noticed that. Arms are almost exactly the same. Legs are pretty darn close, too.

I think I am heel striking more

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ginny, LRB, ROS, Cyberic, KCR (and anyone I missed)  - thank you all for your positive reviews of my little essay.  I guess the muse was with me this morning and I just waxed poetic.  Tomorrow's 90% humidity likely won't leave me feeling as cheery.

SDWhiskers - Hope you feel better soon.  A RD right now won't kill your training.

Baboon - Nice swim, and as far as being "Happy Go Lucky" this morning, I'll have to plead guilty.  

Onemile - yes, a nice photo indeed.

Cyberic - good luck on the 5k, and I agree, a PR is a PR whether it be a segment or a stand alone race.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

I think I am heel striking more

lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I'm feeling rather cheery (and thus verbose, forgive me) today as my morning six mile run was very pleasant indeed.  Despite fears of vacation lag, I was up early and out the door at 4:45.  I judged the morning cool enough to run without water, though I did wear my red, flashing, safety lights. As the summer starts to wane, night is gradually reclaiming the early hours and for the first few miles I was running by streetlights and the shine of a moon just past full, though somewhat dimmed by a light haze of clouds.  The morning was so quiet that the loudest things I heard were my own footfalls and the sound of my breathing, though as I passed through more wooded areas the insects added their buzz to the ambient sounds.  Other things also stand out on a quiet morning:  a cyclist going by at a cross roads with so many lights he (she?) could have been a summer Christmas tree;. cliched as it may be, I heard a distant train whistle; more modern sounds included an occasional jet passing overhead.  As dawn began to light the skies, the birds stirred and began their morning serenades.  Even with nature awakening, the morning was still so quiet that the occasional passing cars tend to shatter the near-silence, first with the low swishing noise of their tires as they begin their approach, then the louder hum, purr, or growl of their engines, depending on the type of vehicle.  Daylight was finally asserting itself as I got home to a house still quiet, as the rest of the family continued to slumber.  Only once I got out of the shower could I hear stirrings among my sleepy brood.  The first Monday after vacation is usually a tough day for me, but today I managed to take the edge of the back-to-work blues.  I'm so glad I started running.

You got the extra-large dose of the warm & fuzzies this morning.  I'm jealous as hell.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7 miles done.  I was going to do some kickboxing but with my BP high again even on meds, hubby just duplicated my dose and I didn't want to overdo it.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

Fred,great description, you almost make me want to get up early to run. Almost.

sdWhisker, hope you feel better. At first I thought the sickness was going to be stomach issues, which when camping I would equate to hell.

Jay, did you have a cramp in your calf when you woke up? I've had a few times where I wake up, stretch and have a horrendous calf cramp that winds up tender for a day or 2.