Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 37 times)

RunningOnSand

Right next to MoPOP are the Chihuly Glass Museum and the Pacific Science Center. You can look them all up online & see if they’d be of interest. Pike Place Market is a must, if your kids don’t mind crowds. Though maybe not too bad on a weekday. There’s also a pretty decent aquarium. And one of my favorites is the Underground Tour, you might check that out.

Awesome; thanks!! 😎

Hey all.

Washington is gorgeous. Holy balls, it is so stunning. And the Tunnel Marathon is the most beautiful course. Wow.

i finished in 4:00, and I have never wanted to quit a race so badly in my life. I cried pretty hard as soon as I saw my family at the finish line

On the other hand, I am damn proud for finishing. My legs were in agony...walking has already been interesting.

You should be ‘damn proud”!  Good day!

RunningOnSand

Thanks Daffy!

GinnyinPA

Ginny, did you figure out what caused it? Ugh, I’m so sorry it happened to you too Sad

The hamstring issue has been chronic for about 5 years. It varies depending on how many miles I'm running, how many hills, and how much speedwork I'm doing. With increased training last spring, the glutes got more involved and were causing as much or more pain than the hamstrings.  When the race came, I knew I was tight but the pain wasn't that bad. It just meant that as the race went on, I got tighter and tighter and I could feel my stride getting shorter (from 1.10 to 1.03 according to my Garmin.) I slowed down and just couldn't go faster though my cadence stayed the same.

I've been working on strengthening my glutes and hamstrings and need to work more on loosening my hips. Hopefully this next cycle won't be as painful.